All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Crusader Kings - Ouroboros Edition
PostPosted: September 24th, 2015, 7:56 pm 
Master Troll

That's the kind of post I expected from like... page 2. lol. Love the family tree!

Pop my bubble and hearthstone out

Report this post
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: September 25th, 2015, 3:07 am 
Junior Troll

The family tree is getting harder and harder to put together, you'll notice that it's beyond 1080 pixels tall so I'm having to stitch it together vertically and horizontally. The biggest indicator of that is that the trees don't line up with the header anymore.

The only reason that I ended up just posting the gallery was that I got tired of losing my typing progress repeatedly.

Noway in a nutshell.

Report this post
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: September 25th, 2015, 6:41 pm 
Recruiter

Unfortunately, at some point, it might make sense to start posting the main branch of the family haha.

Report this post
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: September 26th, 2015, 10:03 am 
Junior Troll

Refill wrote:
Unfortunately, at some point, it might make sense to start posting the main branch of the family haha.

I love all branches that make ourobabies equally.

Noway in a nutshell.

Report this post
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: September 29th, 2015, 5:17 am 
Junior Troll

We be Queen Tettribution of Taurica, Bavaria, and Georgia now.

First thing's first, we are way above our holding and our vassal limits, so we need to hand out some titles. First we hand the County of Galich to Kardea.

The county of Kartili goes to Olvianos.

Then I remember that I need to randomly decide Tett's focus, which random.org picks Business.

Because we are over our vassal limit, we need less direct vassals. So we make a couple more duchies that we have the land for.

We give the duchies to people that already hold land in the duchy area. With Kardea getting the Duchy of Galich. The Duchy of Pereyaslavl, along with the counts in the area (the northern part of our holdings that are east of the river), go to Makarios.

We try to imprison a powerful duke under us, since we had evidence that he was plotting against us. We fail to do so, so he rebels.

Money still be stressful.

RIP Nivelz.

Another expedition? Let's go for it! We are still trying to get castles built in all the empty counties we have so money is good.

Yes more money.

RIP Theenya

We're going to Malta! Horses for him. We don't have all the good traits that let us get through this as easily as last time.

You can see that, even though this is the same event as before, we have less options. We have to anger someone, and we aren't going to anger the guy that determines if we get money from this.

Yeah yeah, get angry. Don't care stupid Bishops.

We manage to become friends with the Chief. I'm not sure if our relationship with the Chief is actually what determines if we make money off this, but we're going to keep assuming that it does because it worked last time.

And it worked this time. That gold, that tax income. Yum.

MY MONEY, ASSHOLE. We throw the money we brought in towards more castles.

A giant tower, determined to be larger than any other. There's an "overcompensating" thing somewhere, but does that work as well when the one deciding to build it is a woman?

All the expensive options!

Ohh he's quick, could be a husband for the next female Ourobaby that reaches adulthood.

They are impressed with the size and girth of my tower.

We have started to go into debt, which starts applying debuffs to our realm over time. Eventually all our holdings and vassal holdings will have these 4 debuffs that will last until we aren't in debt anymore.

Dammit Petros... We're going into debt for the tower and you're making it worse.

When we're already in debt, we pick the expensive option since that's a nice discount on buildings for 80 years.

The only place we aren't throwing money at our problems are the ones involving our peasants. By the way, nothing major has happened in the war, mostly just our armies sieging each other's holdings. Both of us called in all our allies and we are actually reasonably even matched (since he was allied with another powerful duke).

And we're sick.

Apparently our family members were fighting each other and Null lost.

Nivel's afraid of dying so he goes into hiding.

MY PENIS... TOWER IS THE BIGGEST AND YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!

The enemy decides to meet us in battle. We have better commanders and are defending in mountains while they cross a river. That should be more than enough to overcome their numerical advantage. We are still lacking in great commanders though, and I'm hoping that some of the next generation will be good.

My tower is fully erect. Apparently it's only prestigious for 10 years, after that it's old news.

RIP Anastasios. We do keep our votes for Glintwell for the next King since he'd possibly become King of Bavaria whether we want him to or not.

With our tower finished, we feel better.

The casualties we've taken in this battle make Glintwell more bold, we send our spymaster to "dissuade" him from trying to force himself into office.

RIP Phoenix

Threaten the man, that'll do it!

Hey it did it!

While chasing down remnants of our enemies, Olvianos died in battle. RIP Olvianos.

RIP Makarios as well, apparently the "chase down a few stragglers" battle is more dangerous than the relatively even fight.

We're pregnant!

RIP Euphie

We "are" still in debt, so more taxes please.

Some more uneventful chasing and counter-sieging before we enforce our demands.

Then we ransom him for his own freedom.

A son was born to Queen Tettribution of Taurica and Despot Christophoros of Taurica, named Jynusenvy. A HARELIP? YOU'RE TAKING THE VOWS YOUNG MAN.

RIP Eirene

RIP Hootz

RIP Kyung

And to end this session, we reroll our focus. We are still in debt, but decide to find solace by focusing on religion.

Noway in a nutshell.

Report this post
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: September 30th, 2015, 10:00 am 
Junior Troll

Direct link to un-commented full gallery

I've decided to start leaving out adult-reaching and some things like that for some family members, since the family is getting kinda bloated. I'll look into a better way to have this done, maybe showing the traits and stuff of the family members that I grant land to.

Pretty much all of our income is going toward building castles and improving the castles in our capital, since we have the Stone Quarry (from building our Tower of Phallacy) making it significantly cheaper until about 980. We want to make the most of this.

We need money since we are still in debt, and we have cause to imprison one of our vassals (because of a murder that he is plotting) so we decide to try for it.

We win!

Now give me your money.

So the Basileus seems to be busy fighting (more or less) every Muslim leader in the world. He's also losing. Fortunately it's an offensive war so he at least won't lose any land?

We finally make it out of the massive debt we gained. We can start doing things now!

Which we do, we immediately start pressing family claims on land.

Doux Sabas passed away, but his holdings remain in the family. He was also our designated heir at the time.

At 44 we're pregnant. Wow, that's actually surprising

A daughter was born to Queen Tettribution and Taurica and Despot Christophoros of Tauricia, named Luxrawr.

Our war ended up becoming invalid because the enemy we were fighting was part of a faction to lower crown authority. The faction chose to make their demand and ended up in a revolt against the Basileus.

The Basileus has just lost a war against the entire Muslim world and is fighting a surprisingly strong revolt. This could be the time to jump for independence!

We move our troops to Constantinople then send our demand to the Basileus...

And it means war.

If you look closely at the different purplish shades, you can see the vague battle lines of the war. Our troops start laying siege to Constantinople, the toughest fortress in the world.

What!?

Oh, we're good.

RIP Princess Null, a child will rule in your stead.

\[T]/ Praise!

Yeah sure, become a monk. Good on ya kid.

I honestly just want to say.... Look at his hair!

These Theologian focus events seem kinda lame.

But at least the stressed trait goes away quickly thanks to a content courtier.

Wasn't the Bible only 'allowed' to be in Latin? This could be well before that time anyway. The game isn't entirely accurate anyway, since the Orthodox and Catholic faiths exist and are separate before the Schism.

Then again, it's entirely plausible that our character knows Latin or has access to Greek scripture or someone that can speak Latin to 'read' for her if the whole "Latin only" thing was a thing at the time.

We capture Constantinople, but don't manage to catch the Basileus or any of his family. That's a shame, because we might not be able to win if the other revolt ends and we don't have family for leverage...

You can see how well-built Constantinople is, and their unique walls that can't be built anywhere else.

Speaking of the other revolt ending... It does. It ends while we are back home chasing some Byzantine troops away and getting our land back. We technically could win the war by just keeping them from taking any of our land for a long time, but with our random counties close to the heart of the empire and in southern Italy, this really isn't feasible.

Just so that things can get worse, some peasants decide to revolt as well. We get to throw some men at it, but it will be an easy revolt to crush. It's just going to cost us men that I'd rather not lose while fighting the Basileus.

\[T]/ Praise!

Hehe, Kyungsook the Unfaithful.

after a decent amount of time just sieging and countersieging, we find our way to our first major battle of this war

We won, and start chasing stragglers around. Any of the troops with flags different from the Empire itself are troops under control of a vassal, which might not even care for fighting us and could be fighting each other, so we mainly focus on avoiding them while trying to mop up the Basileus' own troops.

What? Come on Pannonia... Fight the Byzantines not me!

Fine, take the one county, I don't care...

More heresy? COUNT ME IN! I really want to do everything I can to destabalize Catholicism simply because it's now the only Christian religion outside of the Ethiopia region.

We were still winning, and might be able to pull something out, but the Basileus is reinforcing faster than we are and has larger groups of troops than we have already. We try unsieging our holdings that we hold while avoiding their armies, but can't quite get it done. I was hoping to get a moment where I'd be holding all my own counties and therefore have the bonus warscore that it gives for this war, which might have been enough to reach 100% and enforce my demands.

He says we're deplorable :(

When Steagosaurus passes away his son runs against the heads of 4 other households for election of Doge and loses. Good job...

Our vassals pretty much all hate Tettribution now, because of how long she's had troops raised...

The Papacy randomly inherited some land from someone in the Empire.

And the Basileus declares war for the land. The Catholic Byzantine Empire is fighting the head of the Catholic church over land that the church inherited from the Empire...

We decide to try imprisoning the Doux of Austria, since he's being an annoyance and we don't like each other anyway.

Oops... This war is actually going to be hard, since the Doux of Austria manages to call in many other people to fight against my tyranny. Our troops are probably stronger than theirs on the whole though, so we should be fine?

The Basileus defeated the Pope for that land, but I guess he decided that he's sick of Italian Popes, so he's gonna make his own Papacy, with blackjack and hookers.

He also decides that he doesn't like Venice... Existing.

The largest Muslim Caliph declares war on the Empire over everything in the Kingdom of Armenia, but many major Catholics join in on the defense while the Ummayads, in Iberia, join in to help the Izajids. This is easily the largest war the game has had thus far.

I go into battle with the Austrian (and his allies') army and lose. I hadn't set up good commanders and I barely have commanders worth giving leadership to at this point. I'm having bad luck educating new commanders so far.

We are going to have to move around and nullify the small allies of Austria then bring our full focus to him before we can defeat him, it seems.

And, at the age of 64, we are leading armies. It's inevitable that we'd get wounded I suppose. You can also see that Tett is married to a close family member, this is because she won't be having any babies at this age, her husband died, and the family member has good stats.

We get better from the wound easily enough. If you see the warscore at the bottom right corner, we are actually losing pretty bad at the moment. This should improve, since we're starting to nullify the allies of the Austrian Doux.

And we're dead. The most unfortunate part of this is that we didn't have the chance to change the inheritance laws of the Kingdom of Georgia. It has Seniority succession, which is basically "oldest dynasty member rules." I suppose that works well enough for us, it will keep the kingdom in Ouroboros hands. The biggest problem is that anyone in the family that becomes king of Georgia will no longer be our vassal...

Noway in a nutshell.

Report this post
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: October 6th, 2015, 5:02 am 
Junior Troll

I heard you like family trees?

Noway in a nutshell.

Report this post
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: October 7th, 2015, 2:04 pm 
Junior Troll

Full screenshot gallery of session, which includes births, deaths, marriages, and events for children

So now we are Despot Kardea, since he was elected. He rolled Theology for his starting focus. He is a Waldensian. Considering that he's already 53 when coming to the throne, I might not be able to do much with him. Hopefully I'll be able to finish this revolt and maybe do some more internal cleanup.

And yes, we are still fighting the "Revolt against the rule of Queen Tettribution Ironside." We are going to continue Tettribution's strategy of basically ignoring the main enemy army in favor of sieging down the castles and defeating the troops of their allies, effectively removing them from the fight.

We give Kardea's old land to our highest stewardship family member, ignoring that he's dangerous because of ambition. It's just a single tribal holding anyway.

What? Kardea must have been doing something really bad, but the Basileus hating us completely combined with Kardea being a heretic could be a very bad thing.

Sure, why not?

Praise!

"Died under suspicious circumstances"

I wonder what they were...

15 gold is well worth paying for +100 opinion bonus with the wife. All the jewelry!

Vrasana got very sick. I took the option that would most guarantee her survival without costing money. Sorry Noodle, you're not worth the 300 gold the doctor wanted.

The outcome? Vrasana got better, no pneumonia or death

The Izajids are fighting a small and moderate sized revolt, and the Basileus decided to try for a holy war to take some land. The AI in this game may not be the best, but sometimes it is very opportunistic.

As you can see, we are starting to recover our warscore. We're letting him siege down our Bavarian holdings while we beat up his allies armies that don't consolidate very well, instead opting to try sieging down the holdings that don't have large garrisons. We also capture one of the counts. We can't force them to leave the war, so we just ransom her back for the gold.

Yay pregnancy!

And after 3 years and 8 months as despot, Kardea passes away. I had picked the Ouroborian with the highest stewardship to be the next ruler, since we're still putting a lot of money into improving the 3 castles in our capital (the Stone Quarry lasts till about 980, I want as good of castles as I can get in the capital because bonus troops).

Normally I'd do another family tree, but those take a long time to stitch together and it's been less than 4 years ingame.

Births named this session include Fridgeretor and Testarossa.

Noway in a nutshell.

Report this post
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2015, 8:56 pm 
Junior Troll

http://postimg.org/gallery/1x2lns4g4/

Noway in a nutshell.

Report this post
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7