All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Re: Windwalking tips and things ( now with +10 more sense )
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 2:58 pm 
Master Troll

A) And you shouldn't ken. Unless like me, you're looking for an excuse to become squidbeard, or possible shortbeard.

B) Don't tell those people shit. I do have the correct level of figurative neckbeard, but I don't care enough to voice opinion over something that I can't change. Also...what?

C) I can see that, I just think it's a trap of a stat. Like let's just say your primary stat is multistrike, and you roll multi/vers gear. It's just like

'Oh my god, multistrike and (1.2.3 MATH!) 2% increased static damage! It just seems like a stat ( for ww at least) that is only complimented if you're able to get it to drop on a piece alongside your best stat. And even then you probably don't need it ( like WW ) because second to multi..there are more pressing concerns, like energy issues. So you need haste. Or vice versa for aoe. Then you have to factor in general crit scaling > versatility. I don't see most people wanting it. Just a stat you get stuck with and every class already has one of those. I can say though, that it does HELP. I'd be glad to be stuck with versatility over mastery, any day.

D) Maybe? Unless i'm ill informed on versatility scaling. My main issue I have with it is...why so..uncreative? I almost wonder if this lead to them stripping away so much strength from primary stats, so that it can be redistributed with things like multistrike and versatility. All that's doing ( multistrike, not vers ) is causing more awkward dps RNG issues, and I really hate that. Kind of like all of 5.4/6.0 where more cloak procs = parse, because your RNG decided to fuck you.

I do like multistrike though, just don't like the constant battle it has with crit. Like, crit compliments multistrike, but not the other way around. And it shouldn't because that wouldn't make any sense.

Secret letter E) Soon I will join hootz and his glorious mario transmog. Bomb sounds confused.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 4:56 pm 
Master Troll

I was just counting on you to be my hero-for-granted. I hope someday you can be a squidbeard.

And agree on the versatility. I'm ok with the complications multistrike brings in - the muddier the water is, the better. What if we get options instead of a for-sure best?! That'd be sweet. Someone will always find the decimal points, though. Meanwhile, I'm over here missing GCDs to heal somebody or find the right target. lol

Versatility... true... I wonder if they ran some numbers to see how many people ran with completely random stats on their gear. Now you've got me thinking about how pointless versatility is! What if it's way more powerful than we give it credit for? What if I become... a ret offtank? YES! YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS but no. Never! Silly. Unless the more versatility you get, the more of your other specs' abilities you receive! YES! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Pop my bubble and hearthstone out

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 5:31 pm 
Master Troll

Scales on a 1:1 ratio as far as I know.

^doesn't look like it. Can there just exist one singular website where I can find all ability strings, and stat conversions?

Last edited by Nobeard on November 3rd, 2014, 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 6:18 pm 
Recruiter

god damn greg

dookie#1491

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 6:41 pm 
Master Troll

This just might be my favorite thread ever. #Gnomemasterrace

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 7:26 pm 
Master Troll

Mine too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 11:17 pm 
Master Troll

500 posts.

/retire

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: November 4th, 2014, 2:57 am 
Master Troll

/unretire

502**

/reretire

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: November 9th, 2014, 7:19 pm 
Master Troll

Updating this tomorrow, adding more tier lists, expel harm info is incorrect, and Chi explosion/RJW negative effect things. Also adding more why to windwalker things, single target damage nerf speculations, funny paint pictures.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: November 11th, 2014, 12:04 am 
Master Troll

Will not update in main, for I am no longer here, what I was going to say was:

Expel harm, I originally thought was static. It deals damage based on 33% of healing done ( which factors in crit/multistrike) however, it does NOT factor in overhealing amount, so you can't spam it off cooldown for efficiency. Use at 80% hp be safe, calculating in possible crit/multistrikes/mulristrike crits.

Rjw/chi explosion:
The reason why negative effects exist is due to jab giving you 2 chi, to rjw 3+ target required 1 chi. Very debatable if using rjw > jab for aoe because chi explosion > rjw. You need 4 chi for aoe explosion, jabbing gets you there SO much faster. As of now, theorycrafting minds have not peaced this together yet.

Tier lists you can find on mmoc monk forums.

The windwalking community is VAST guys. You should try looking up in depth enhancement shaman theorycrafting, it just does not exist. It is a great strength to have a solid 5-10 people backing advancement for your class, it makes it almost impossible to not get better. Spec has been out for 20% of time that enhancement shamans and already has more support. Reasons for this don't matter, but if you are -seriously- contemplating changing to windwalker, this is always a good plus. I predict them being a fotm class sometime after wod.

Again, monking references thread will never -not- be updated, go there for redirects to all possible information that you will ever need to know. Work on efficient energy management and what not.

Offline Profile