All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Re: Windwalking tips and things ( now with +10 more sense )
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2014, 1:53 pm 
Master Troll

Damn Beard, this guide ALMOST makes me want to try monking.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 10:09 am 
Master Troll

Updated with race parses/bis list.

Spoiler: Gnome parses highest. You all know what this means.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 10:58 am 
Master Troll

I love how pandas are lowest on those sims.

Pop my bubble and hearthstone out

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 11:31 am 
Master Troll

Let me try to explain correctly, and provide reasoning:

Blizzard is bad.

Epicurean nerf quite literally made -# sense. 75% with stat squish to food..passive dranei agi increase just gives more.

Then you have classes with two strongly baked in passive effects. Gnomes don't get a static agi increase, but +5 energy essentially voids a few nerfed jabs, and 1% haste far outweighs high amounts of agility. There is just so much energy efficiency/regen coming out of gnomes.

Then you have dranei, who's agi is so high that it's just better than everything that isn't giving decent-high amounts of resource regen(gnomes)

Dwarves are only this high because of crit damage RNG passive. Even though we don't build for it anymore, versatility is just such trash that it doesn't matter.

Night elves are too inconsistent, and even with 1% haste at night, or w/e the fuck order it is in...gnomes also get +5 max energy, which will scale better with ascension.

Night elves still +1 race for brewmasters by far though ( and most tanks, I think?)

Humans are garbage. Not sure why versatility exists as a stat. It seemed like a...'Fuck, well we have to add SOMETHING new now that we removed half the beta stats..so let's go with the most uncreative thing we can think of'.

As dookies would say, the conversation went somthing like this. I picture Greg as celestalon:

Greg: "Hey Jimmy, I have a great idea!"

Fool: "Oh nice Greg, what is it?"

Greg: "Since we took out our beloved readiness, a fundamentally broken stat, how about we feel obligated to give the players something ABSOLUTELY NEW"

Fool: "Oooo..tell me more!"

Greg: "We'll call it..versatility. A stat for true champions and paragons, unmatched in uniqueness and usefullness. It will be as fundamentally creative and exclusive as mastery, but this time...we won't fail!"

Fool: "Oh. My. God. Will there be lazers, and more lazers followed by muscle flexes?! What will it do?!"

Greg: It will increase damage and healing by a static amont, scaling like absolute garbage. This will provide a new, dynamic form of thinking and descision making. It will DEFINITELY not be a mediocre, looked over stat!"

Genius(formerly fool): "Greg, this sounds terrible. Didn't we remove most player build descision when we removed gem/reforging and forced random stats onto all gear drops?...effectively turning WoW into Diablo 3? What's next, will we throw in a large breasted mystic woman who can potentially reroll a single stat on gear for the RL price equivelant of 1 peso, which will slowly scale up to cost that of 12 human souls?"

Greg: "How so? STATIc DAMAGE INCREASE. Why have we not thought about this before?!
Large breasted mystics are something we will most likely do, but due to neckbeard community, we will deny it and throw in our patented "soon™""

Genius: "Uhhh..most mastery effects are static increases to damage/healing. Some more indirect than others. Just look at enhancement mastery, feral mastery, mage mastery ( - arcane )..the list goes on Greg. I mean Greg, pls...I know we're Californian but, at some point we're going to HAVE to stop recycling our own ideas out of our own games."

Greg: "Pssh, we'll leave artists for that bitch duty. We're big picture guys Jimmy, we think of very bright, clearly well though out and dynamic ideas that are always discussed for more than 20 minutes before being implemented."

Genius:"You realize I work here too right?....what the hell, you sarcastic dick."

--Few months later--

Greg: "Nope, this is unique. The players want this, for we know what is best, despite the small movement of angry neckbeards telling us on our own beta forums about how much they dislike this, and don't understand why it exists."

Genius: "Greg pls"

Greg: "Nope, ima do it"

--More months later--

Genius: "Greg, this isn't working"

Greg: " It is, we'll just use this terrible stat as a way to 'inadvertently' gate classes into having to use it. This will work now that we have removed most gem sockets and reforging."

Genius: "What...?!"

Greg: "Yea, bro. We clearly need to look at this game as if a moba. Forcing upon less than optimal choices to players to keep them from one shotting each other. This is how we fix warriors into being terrible for the first few months of every expansion!"

Genius: "....Except..they're strong early this time.. How about we not do this, and look into directly nerf/buffing class specs in specific environments?"

Greg: "Nope, ima do it!"

I got WAY too carried away with this.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 11:50 am 
Master Troll

Blizzard is just confirming what some of us have known all along. Gnomes are the greatest. #1 all time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 11:55 am 
Master Troll

Clearly new master race. If rogues are also having some relative resource regen issues, this will probably be a go to for them. Actually I lied, rogue abilities scale REALLY hard ( harder than most ) with primary stats.

But now that i'm gnome, at least i'm naturally immune to being a life grip target.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 12:01 pm 
Master Troll

I'm pretty sure versatility is a "known" inferior stat... like, they're putting it in the game for people who want to be solo players. Stack versatility, have decent healing/damage/survivability, but not be good at anything. Go run 10-man ToT solo at 100 or whatever.

And if people start complaining that they're not doing enough damage because they are the wrong race, I will sacrifice a theorycrafter to the gods of rational thinking.

/gnomemasterrace

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 12:05 pm 
Master Troll

Seconding the #gnomemasterrace

Honestly, since this is such a common reasoning among blizzard/neckbeards. Implementing versaility probably costed us a raid tier. If you want to be good as soloing...just be good at soloing? I don't see how versatility helps with this. And 'Stacking it' doesn't really exist outside of dick rolling the fuck out of everything you kill in hopes that it drops versatility gear.

This is actually the first expansion where i've disagreed with Bluzzrd on fundamental stat implementations and such. Don't care about stat squish ( Remember guys, it's the sizeof(your big dick - target big dick) that determines who has the biggest dick. With big dick = DPS meter.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 2:05 pm 
Master Troll

I'mma let it happen because

A) I don't give a shit about margins this small
B) Nobeard will fix the game for me by telling Blizzard
C) Makes it easier for me to choose upgrades
D) I was gonna say that Versatility takes less of an item's budget (or should), but that's clearly not the case so refer to C)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 2:37 pm 
Forum God

what in the literal fuck...

Offline Profile