All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Closed - Shnizzy, Havoc Demon Hunter
PostPosted: June 17th, 2017, 11:31 pm 

What is your spec and what did you choose this particular build?
I chose havoc and I chose it because its an immense amount of fun, its extremely mobile, and it has high burst every 2 minutes

What other builds have you played with? Why did you switch out of them?
I played and leveled with vengeance, and occasionally do tanking for mythic+ for friends who need a tank, but I felt tanking in raids as a DH in end game progression was a lot more out of my reach, and less enjoyable.

Would you respec for the raid?
If needed of course, but id like to point out I'm not 100% comfortable with the whole tank rotation for raid content.

What are your general play times? Is there anything that would affect your availability and attentiveness during raids (work, family dinner, school, parents, etc)?
I'm currently out of a job so I'm available for almost all hours, I'm usually up and on from the afternoon to the early morning.

Give us a detailed description of your computer's specifications - CPU/RAM/GraphicsCard/Monitor, etc.
home built setup I made for streaming, 970 NVidia gpu and i7 processor

What sort of internet connection do you have, and how stable is it?
high speed internet at 150mbps with just myself using it.

What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?
Strengths: extremely high burst every 2 mins (possibly nerfed for 7.2.5), high mobility, high potential for many different strategies in many different fights
weaknesses: no consistent dps, has waves of high dps followed by low ones, fury generation can be rng

What is your average hours played per week?
I play around 20 hours a week, sometimes around 40 hours mattering on whats going on.

Do you strafe, and in what situations would you strafe?
Always, as a melee mobile dps I'm constantly strafing and keeping my self mobile for mechanics.

Do you turn with your mouse or keyboard?
mouse only, keyboard turning is so slowwwwwwww.

Are you a clicker?
Itd be impossible to do good dps clicking buttons, I use macros combined with mouse buttons for maximum up time

What's your previous guild history, and why did you leave those guilds?
before this I was in a guild known as Deja Vu. They were a great guild based mostly around progression and community, but due to some unforeseen problems the guild had been disbanded, being just out of reach of 7/10 (0% on bot feelsbadman). before that I was in a guild known as excellence where I first started building really core mechanics for a good raider. That guild also ended up falling apart shortly after I joined due to leadership issues.

What's your raid experience? Be specific, don't just say "BT."
before legion dropped, I only had any experience in vanilla, and had quit when the first xpac dropped. Since legion has dropped though ive sunk quite some play time into my characters, most into my demon hunter. Ive raided 6/10 M NH successfully, almost being at 7 with a 0% pull that just went slightly wrong. Was on vacation for ToV drop so I didn't have much presence there, and was in excellence for EN. Overall ive felt myself grow quite a bit as a raider and would like to continue growing.

What is your previous MMORPG gaming experience, if any?
ive played many MMORPS in my time, the most notable being vanilla WoW and runescape, but WoW holds a lot of nostalgia as a game for me as it was a game I grew up playing with my brother and pops.

What can you offer us? (Or "Why should we recruit you?")
I'm extremely flexible, fine with sitting whenever needed, and put out some pretty good numbers considering the changes DH went through. Looking to grow into an even better player.

What rare patterns/recipes/plans do you have for your professions that may be helpful to the guild?
nothing relevant to this expansion, been focusing more on ap grind and getting those BiS leggos and relics.

What are you looking for in a guild?
A place I can grow and become an even better player, surrounded by other players with like minded views. A place where I can continue to be myself and still grow into a community.

Do you have Ventrilo installed? Do you own a mic? Can you talk without horrible feedback? And will you talk if communication is necessary?
I don't have it currently installed since ive switched to discord, but ive used it before and know how to use it. I have an extremely good mic with no feedback issues. Communication is easy going, thought ill get names mixed up at first.

What's your favorite raiding encounter?
My favorite raiding encounter is probably mythic krosus, as I never raided in vanilla either. I enjoy krosus because his mechanics are sort of dancey and as a dps check boss its a fun one to do with a well organized group. It feels sort of like a dance routine.

What do you feel should/could be changed to improve your class/spec?
Better knowledge of my class, BiS Leggos, higher relics, some analysis from a critical eye on the outside of my perspective, practice.

What resist gear sets do you have? Are you willing to farm the mats for your own resist gear?
I don't have or know what resist gear is.

Do you have the new pvp trinket?
I assume this doesn't have anything to do with legion, but if so I do pvp and don't know what specific trinket is being spoken about.

What's the best wipe you've ever caused?
Raid was waiting on a mythic botanis pull, someone had to go do something irl real quick, but tank accidentally put out a pull timer. RL called for a cancel pull, but I still potted and jumped in and managed to turn around in time to watch the raid watch me die and flee for the reset lol.

Do you use consumables in raids, and if you do, which?
Prepots and pots (mostly old war for ST fights and progression, otherwise to save money ill buy prolonged) and flask of the seventh demon. I also eat crit food if no feasts are dropped.

Do you pvp any?
Yes, but not as much as I want to sometimes.

What's your role in the raid?
Ive been raiding only as a dps this xpac, so I don't feel completely comfortable tanking in a progression raid unless needed. Can learn if need be though, and gear towards it.

What alts do I have?
I have 2 alts on a different server (ravencrest) but I don't ever play them, as I find the most enjoyment from playing my DH.
one alt being a low geared warlock, the other being a low geared DK.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/23314936

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Shnizzy - Havoc Demon Hunter
PostPosted: June 19th, 2017, 9:57 am 
Recruiter

Hey Schnizzy,

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for submitting an app. I'm the resident warrior and recruiter, and have a few questions to start us off:

1. Your mythic raid experience in the current tier is a little behind our guild's progression, what attributes do you think you have to justify making the jump to a higher progressed guild?

2. You mentioned quitting WoW after vanilla up until Legion launched. What made you return to the game for Legion, instead of other xpacs?

3. What resources/tools do you use to evaluate your raid performance and investigate your class?

4. What do you like to do outside of WoW/raiding?

Thanks!

Kyung

"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: June 19th, 2017, 3:58 pm 

First of all, I just hope I'm not writing to much or making this a hassle to do for you recruiters :3 I just figure the more information I give, the easier it is for you guys to get a feel of who I am.

1. Unfortunately, I was extremely late getting into NH because I had been gone from ToV drop til about a month or so through NH drop, so I had a lot of catching up to do when I got back. But in the time I started M NH til today, ive grown at an exceptional pace, and went from being low dps benched member, to being a core member top dps in about 2 weeks, being responsible for calling out certain mechanics and helping out the officers. I put in a lot to make sure I'm doing my best, and working towards being my best. I think the main reason I feel qualified making that jump is because I can learn and perform exceptionally well under most situations. When I commit to something, I mean it. For me, theres a love to watching my character grow and my skills develop as I play better and with better people.

2. I quit not because I wasn't enjoying wow, but was sharing an account with my dad and brother, and when the very first xpac dropped I wasn't the one paying for the account, and my dad decided he was done. What made me return is the fact that I have a source of income, some good friends who would occasionally talk to me about the game, and a review I saw on facebook about legion xD

3. Warcraftlogs, WoWProgress, my class discord, simulationcraft (i can spend hours on this testing gear in and out with different talents, to optimize my damage and playstyle) and ill also on occasion use icy-veins or wow head when I'm really searching for specific information. Id love to be able to talk to a better DH and get some advice from them, as Ive yet to have been in another raid group with a DH that can help me become even stronger. Both my previous raid guilds didn't have any other DH on the core team, so I had to learn everything from other sources online.

4. I occasionally stream, play a lot of different video games, play magic with friends, that sort of thing. Generally I enjoy doing things on computers, but ill go outside and enjoy the sun and go for a bike ride too. Also, I enjoy drinking on occasion, and smoke recreationally cause I'm Canadian (that's not the reason why I smoke, but the reason why I CAN smoke per se).

You can add me on bnet nametag is Snow#1601, and I look forward to hopefully talking to someone soon :). Thanks for considering me!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 1:56 pm 
Recruiter

We actually prefer more detailed responses, so thank you for putting the effort into writing detailed answers.

One more followup question for you: what makes you want to leave the guild you're currently in?

"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 3:52 pm 

The guild I'm currently in I was only invited and joined because most of my old guild which was disbanded went there, and they offered me a spot so I could avoid getting guild invites randomly all the time. It was a temporary thing while I found a place I felt I fit in. I don't mind them, and raiding with them seems chill but I'm looking for a place I can progress with people my skill level. Its a little frustrating when I come prepared and ready to go, and some people only start preparing when raid begins. Its even more annoying to me when the same mechanics are causing wipes because the same someone isn't learning or paying attention. I understand humans do make mistakes and I will make mistakes too, but making the same mistake over and over again often holds a group back that could be progressing so much more. Ouroboros feels like (from an outsiders perspective of course) like an elite guild with a good community. Its everything I could want in a guild, and id like to be an asset to a group such as that.

I hope this explains where I'm coming from, as I tend to think of myself as a loyal person. Ive never left a guild due to personal problems or experience, and I like to think that I help create a positive and relaxed atmosphere, even when we have to be serious and focused. It caught me really out of the blue losing my current guild and home, but I understand where the guild leader was coming from and don't fault him for it.

Thanks for the consideration!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: June 25th, 2017, 12:55 am 
Recruiter

We would like to schedule a discord interview. Are you free Sunday 6/25/17 around 6 or 7pm PST? Feel free to respond here or hit me up on battlenet

dookie#1491

Offline Profile