All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Dustyny#1679
PostPosted: November 13th, 2017, 11:51 pm 

--What is your character's name, race, class, and primary spec?
Dustyny, a gnome warlock. I play whatever spec is best/needed on a per boss basis, but enjoy the destro the most of the current iterations of each spec.

--Please provide your profile link from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ of the character you're applying on.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... re/dustyny

--How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
About five years.

--What is your real life age? (Under 18, 18-25, 25-30, 30+)

--What time zone do you live in?
Pacific

--Do you have any other worthwhile 110's? (Name, Class, and Server)
Not for raiding.

Playstyle

--Do you predominantly (one or the other) activate spells and abilities using your keyboard/buttons on your mouse or by clicking the spells on the screen? Do you use your mouse or your keyboard (or a combination) to move?
Abilites/Spells are all keyboard for in-combat stuff. I use a combination of QWE and my mouse to move.

--What are your keybinds?
Pomegranate?

--What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?
Warlocks are great for raid utility (gateway/summons/cookies) and tanky enough to help soak a good amount of things and self-heal very well, reducing total external healing required. However, they are a pure dps class, and dps output for some specs/situations can be trash depending on current balance. In addition, outside of preplanned and limited movement (gateway/portal), warlocks are horribly immobile without external speed buffs.

--For your main spec, what is your rotation (and/or priority system)? If you're a healer, please explain what heals you use in what situations.
I guess I play affliction the most right now, so it's all about keeping up dots, then bursting with Unstable Affliction and Drain Soul during procs. The rotation is refresh any dots about to fall off, keep up one stack of UA, if proc then dump 2/3 UAs and drain until out of souls/proc ends. For Demo it's mainly about big TKCs, keeping Doom up and using puppies on CD. Destro is keeping immolate up, generating souls with conflag/incen and spending with CBs during procs/if you're going to cap.

--Does your character have all of his artifacts? What do your artifacts look like for your alternate specs?
Yes. I'm at 67/62/63 Aff/Demo/Destro.

--Describe your experience and ability with each of your specs.
I've played all three extensively in their current iterations (minus ToS tier sets). I've also been comfortable with past iterations of Demo (metamorphosis). My ability I'd describe as proficient, but according to warcraftlogs that translates to somewhere between the 60-85th percentiles, depending on specs and bosses.

--Please provide an up-to-date picture of your UI (from a non-terrible site) here. List your hotkeys if they aren't easily viewable or a mod is preventing them from being viewed.
https://i.imgur.com/Fn9l5WW.jpg
I think everything is obvious enough/visible, but feel free to ask if something isn't. Raid frames would be above the left chat frame.

--What add-ons do you use? Please name the ones that are of particular interest to your class or raiding.
Of note: ElvUI, DBM, Angry Assignments, ERT, zPets, BiS, Clique, Details, RCLootCouncil.

--Do you regularly investigate the details of your class and spec outside the game? If yes, what sites do you use and what do they offer you? If no, why do you not try to find out all the information you can about your class?
Semi-regularly. Generally with every patch or if people are doing things in logs drastically different from myself. I use to use darkintentions.net, although it has since disappeared, so mostly I now just use warcraftlogs and mmochampion. Warcraftlogs shows me actual data of what people are using, mmochampion has some discussions of what to use and why, but with varying levels of accuracy in my opinion. I don't follow stuff too closely because generally things are simple enough that a simulation/logs can tell me talents and simply reading the abilities makes it clear enough how to use them.

--The only thing the raid leader should have to explain to an applicant is the actual guild's strategy on a certain boss fight. With that said, will you come to a progression raid having already watched videos on every boss fight you will be encountering and read any available information relevant to encounters?
Yes, I read the dungeon journal's entries on abilities, and watch Fatbosses' guides.

--Will you come to raids with full consumables and the best gems/enchants you can get?
Yes, although gems/chants are sometimes what I consider best for the class, not the spec. For example using haste enchants--they're best for demo, but not for aff, but as a whole it's much better for aff then mastery would be for demo.

Raiding Experience in World of Warcraft (At content level)

--Vanilla:
None.
--Burning Crusade:
None.
--Wrath of the Lich King:
Screwing around in Naxx/ToC/ICC as a 15ish year old, nothing serious.
--Cataclysm
LFR.
--Mists of Pandaria
LFR.
--Warlords of Draenor
Heroic HM/BRF, one week of Mythic BRF, Mythic HFC through gorefiend plus the bird boss and robot boss.
--Legion
Mythic EN, CE. H ToV, 3/3. M ToV, 2/3. H NH in the first week. 5/9M in ToS, although I was carried.

--Please post a link to a recent WoL/WCL report. This is a must-have.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1kYWrPX9HALBw4yR <- me being carried through 5/9M ToS
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps <- Overview of my logs in EN, although they're by no means recent

--What guilds have you been in (name and server) and why did you leave (or plan on leaving)?
That I raided with:
<Gold> - Ner'Zhul - Left because I felt the guild was not making progress during H BRF and that the leadership had no intention to make changes in order to start making progress.
<Infamous> - Ner'Zhul - Did not leave, the guild server transferred to Proudmoore and joined Eternal Kingdom.
<Eternal Kingdom> - Proudmoore - Left at the start of NH because the guild had transistioned away from values that I liked in the process of joining Eternal Kingdom, and felt more like a feeder team that was overly concerned with being PG rated.
<MF> - Proudmoore - Left after only a week or two because I did not mesh with the guild personality-wise.
<Nap Time> - Proudmoore - Planning on leaving once I find a new guild. This guild is currently only at ~15 mythic raiders, and the leadership doesn't seem capable of bumping that number to 20+ in a timely fashion, and I'd like to raid mythic.

Personality

--Why did you initially choose your character/class? What do you like most about it?
Initially I chose warlock because I was an edgy teenager I think, although it's been years and I don't quite remember (my current character is my first one). I chose gnome because the racial at the time was an intellect increase, and my friend played on alliance. I've stuck to it because I like the two extremes at play in terms of either a ton of steady, heavy rot/dot damage or a very bursty chaos bolt/meta damage (I do not like demo's current iteration at all). In addition, running around pulling huge amounts of mobs and in general tankiness, especially in PvP, has turned me away from other RDPS classes. I've played some other classes, but never raided seriously with them.

--Are you receptive to criticism?
Yes, I very much ask to be called out if I stand in shit/failed to soak/etc. It helps me a lot to have someone else tell me, in case I failed to notice. I'm also open to discussions on various aspects about my dps lacking, since bigger numbers grow my epeen. I should say that I don't take too well to criticism on not playing enough/not grinding enough AP. I put in a good number of hours into WoW, but it's a game and I've other responsibilities and things to do, so I don't live in it. Criticizing not doing however many mythic+'s a week or the like upsets me, and I can't make more time to fix it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Dustyny#1679
PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 10:42 am 
Recruiter

Hey Dustyny, thanks for taking the time to submit an app. I'm one of the resident warriors and recruiters, and have zero knowledge of the dark arts, but will start us off with some other types of questions:

1. It looks like you haven't actively raided mythic since EN, any chance you could tell us why? Also, what has changed since then that is bringing you back to mythic raiding?

2. How many legendaries do you currently have, and which specs (if any) are missing key/vital pieces?

3. What do you like to do outside of WoW/raiding?

Thanks!

Kyung

"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend."

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Dustyny#1679
PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 5:39 pm 

I stopped raiding after ToV because of disagreements with how <Eternal Kingdom> was run and my raid team within's method of operation. I left the guild after the first week of NH, and after a short trial with <MF> where I decided that I didn't fit in well with them, I decided to stop mythic raiding for a bit due to the hassle of trying to find a new guild right at the start of a tier. I kind of forgot about WoW for some time, until Blizzcon got me wanting to play once again.

I currently have three legendaries--the portal pants, aff helm, and destro bracers. In terms of missing key/vital pieces, I'm only at 2 piece for the current tier, although it's not particularly relevant. I don't have all the BiS legendaries either (I'd need like 6+ more to be set for every encounter), but if that's a big factor in recruitment this guild is not for me.

Outside of raiding I do like to PvP, although I'm fairly new and have only been around 1.9k. Outside of WoW I like a variety of other video games, reading (horror, especially Stephen King), and hunting.

Offline Profile