All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Trial -DPS Warrior - Xevaris
PostPosted: March 31st, 2018, 2:37 am 

--What is your character's name, race, class, and primary spec?

Hello there! Character's name is Xevaris and I'm currently on Sargeras. I typically raid as Arms, though I can play Fury. Current race is night elf. I have been playing WoW on this character since literal day 1 of the game. I have over 900 /played days as I don't tend to play other classes. I found the class I loved on the first try. =D

A bit about myself, I am 27 and live in Minnesota. I work in IT and play wow after work to wind down.

Here is my WarcraftLogs profile: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/28010224

Playstyle

--Do you predominantly (one or the other) activate spells and abilities using your keyboard/buttons on your mouse or by clicking the spells on the screen? Do you use your mouse or your keyboard (or a combination) to move?

I have everything except mount and hearth bound. I use a 6 button mouse in conjunction with the alt/ctrl/shift key modifiers.

--What are your keybinds?

Pomegranate

1-6 with alt/ctrl/shift along with "F" "S" "R" and 6 button mouse.

--What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?

As arms, I have some pretty high burst AoE potential, as well as serious execute phase dps. Arms has very high single target DPS as well and can yield impressive burst DPS when played appropriately.

Good examples of this are bot phases on Mythic Kin, and the flame adds on Mythic Aggramar. I was always up in the top DPS on these types of adds as I found great ways to maximize the burst on the adds that needed it most.

--For your main spec, what is your rotation (and/or priority system)? If you're a healer, please explain what heals you use in what situations.

Beginning the encounter, you will start with pre-pot using Potion of the old War.

Charge in, unless it is a fight like Mythic Kin'Gorath where the CD's can be used later for greater effect, here you will typically stack your CDs. In most cases, this is Battlecry and Ravager at once. I generally like to move to a Colossus Smash before engaging these CD's. This allows me to time a Mortal Strike right after Ravager. It also has the potential of proccing a Tactician reset in the Ravager Window.

Outside of the opener, you must begin with Colossus Smash as Arms DPS requires this up 100% of the time to do any meaningful damage.

If I have Rend picked up, I typically rend next instead of Mortal Strike to stagger my MS cooldown slightly from the CS CD. I do this because you can typically get 2 Mortal Strikes inside of the CS window before needing to refresh should you not proc a free reset from Tactician. But if you stagger the MS cooldown with Rend, you can make it so that CS comes off Cooldown first. This allows you to hit MS just after the GlobalCD and the normal MS CoolDown finish together. It almost never works out this way because Tactician procs, but it can improve DPS slightly to try to get as close to the CD as possible.

After Rend, Mortal Strike comes next to proc the extra crit chance off of the CS. Mortal Strike must always follow one-2 globals from CS otherwise you lose the extra crit. Additionally, you can also reset the CS cooldown by stringing more rage spending between CS and MS, but that is bad. It is a wasted proc of Tactician so its imperative to use MS as soon as possible after CS, and only not doing it for the above mentioned Rend mechanic.

After this you transition into the priority. You will either need to refresh rend, and then if you have enough rage, spam Slam or WhirlWind depending on the AoE situation you are in. CS, MS, and Rend all have a higher Priority than Slam or anything else so if you don't have the rage to use Slam, you need to wait for MS to come off CD.

The benefit here is that the rotation isn't something you need to be monitoring at all times. It leaves me free to scan the field to ensure mechanics are being followed and leaves free globals for defensive cooldowns or to make a save.

Defensive CD's I use are Commanding Shout and Die by the Sword. Both are extremely useful and I do use them on nearly every fight.

Commanding Shout is often used when I know the raid will take a large amount of damage. This is a prime time to use this CD as it ensures nobody is out of range and maximum benefit can be had.

Die by the Sword is more of a specific CD that can be used dynamically. You can either use it as a standard 30% reduction on damage, or you can use it if you happen to need to have the boss hit you for a few seconds and live. Using Die by the Sword for 3 seconds while your tank is battle rezzed can easily save an attempt.

Moving into the Execute Phase, the Arms rotation changes entirely as you drop the use of Rend, Slam, and other abilities to Spam Execute for a double stack that improves Mortal Strike Damage. Once Two stacks are achieved, Colossus smash into Mortal Strike. If Colossus Smash is unavailable, Warbreaker can be subbed in. This is where the Talent Ravager really shines as it means you can drop your Ravager CD into the Execute phase massively increasing your DPS. You always pare Ravager with Battlecry to maximize that burst DPS as well.

Arms REALLY shines in Execute phase, its DPS doesn't appear to be matched by any other class except for longer execute phases where Fury will take over.

--Does your character have all of his artifacts? What do your artifacts look like for your alternate specs?

75 traits for Fury, but not very high for Prot.

--Describe your experience and ability with each of your specs.

I tanked back in Wrath, but haven't done so since so I'm very out of practice there.

I can play fury about 85% as well as I can play Arms.

--What add-ons do you use? Please name the ones that are of particular interest to your class or raiding.

I use weakaura's, DBM, Skada, Exosors Raid Tools, Zpearl, Angry Assignments and that's about it.

--Do you regularly investigate the details of your class and spec outside the game? If yes, what sites do you use and what do they offer you? If no, why do you not try to find out all the information you can about your class?

I actively monitor the Skyhold Discord for warriors and pay attention to a few high ranked DPS warriors on youtube. I like to spend a few hours a week outside of the game going over spreadsheets and simming myself.

It's probably more than a few hours a week when factoring in simming lol

--The only thing the raid leader should have to explain to an applicant is the actual guild's strategy on a certain boss fight. With that said, will you come to a progression raid having already watched videos on every boss fight you will be encountering and read any available information relevant to encounters?

I've been progressing mythic aggramar and I've watched tons of videos on Argus. I feel confident that I could slot into a run with some minimal explanation without an issue. This is typical raid prep to my perspective.

--Will you come to raids with full consumables and the best gems/enchants you can get?

I like to bring extra flasks and pots to share in case anyone happens to be low. But I find people who raid with me like my calm attitude more than my spare flasks.

Raiding Experience in World of Warcraft (At content level)

--Vanilla:

Through Naxx40

--Burning Crusade:

Up to Mu'ru in Sunwell

--Wrath of the Lich King:

Naxx10-25
Ulduar10
Everything else cleared well after 30% buff in ICC

--Cataclysm

Heroic Warmaster in DS after buff.

--Mists of Pandaria

Mythic Siege cleared after nerf

--Warlords of Draenor

Did not play

--Legion

AOTC for Tomb
AOTC for Antorus
9/11 Mythic Antorus

Details

--What guilds have you been in (name and server) and why did you leave (or plan on leaving)?

Currently playing for Despicable on Sargeras. Despicable is disbanding after our Raid leader got stationed in Germany. So I'm looking for a new home!

Personality

--Why did you initially choose your character/class? What do you like most about it?

15ish years ago I picked a Night Elf warrior because they looked cool. Haven't been able to look back since. Since that time, there have been ups and downs. I still hate Titan's Grip... But it's still the only class i see myself playing.

--Describe your mentality in a high stress environment.

I enjoy high stress situations in Video games and actively try to seek that aspect out in raiding. I am generally trying to maximize my focus during these times as the more attentive you are, the less anxious or nervous you may be during these high stress situations. The more focused I am, the more fun I'm having and this generally leads to less overall mistakes.

--Are you receptive to criticism?

Yes.

The caveat is that criticism needs to be valid and backed up with appropriate information. I'd prefer a reasonable discussion about concerns vs being told what is wrong/what needs to be fixed.

--Questions for the Guild!

What does success mean for the guild?

What does failure mean to this guild?

In terms of progress, what is unacceptable for guild performance?

What does this guild believe is it's most impressive achievement?

Offline Profile