All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Zeklosh Application.
PostPosted: July 15th, 2018, 5:57 pm 

Application Questions

Basics

--What is your character's name, race, class, and primary spec? Zeklosh, Troll Elemental Shaman.

--Please provide your profile link from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ of the character you're applying on. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... al/zeklosh

--How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? Since Ulduar of ICC. I don't want to think about how many years that is. I did skip WoD, though ( a good decision, from what I've heard).

--What is your real life age? (Under 18, 18-25, 25-30, 30+) 22.

--What time zone do you live in? EST.

--Do you have any other worthwhile 100's? (Name, Class, and Server) Yes! I have a 110 of every class except rogue, spread along various servers. The most geared ones are a paladin and a monk at the moment. I won't be mailing either of them in BFA, though, and they're not geared to mythic raid.

Playstyle

--Do you predominantly (one or the other) activate spells and abilities using your keyboard/buttons on your mouse or by clicking the spells on the screen? Do you use your mouse or your keyboard (or a combination) to move? I solely use my keyboard to move. I am a keyboard turner, but plan on changing that in BFA.

--What are your keybinds? I have a general pattern for binds, I suppose - I bind my filler spell to 2, my spenders to 3-4, my dots to 5, a miscellaneous spell that has to be cast on CD to 1, utility abilities to 7-8, CD's to 9 through =, and my AOE abilities to q, w, e, and r. I bind other buttons like heals and defensives to buttons like f, g, and h.

--What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are? I will be playing Warlock or Mage in BFA (depending on the guilds needs and a number of other factors), but for now, since I'm playing an elemental shaman, I'll go over the basics. Our most notable strength is our burst AoE damage - it's probably the best in the game, along-side hat of Marksmanship hunters and Arcane Mages, especially if we get the requisite time to set it up (two lightning rods means 80% more damage on Stormkeeper). Our sustained AoE is also fairly strong, though not up there with a Boomkin's. Lastly, we're surprisingly decent at damaging on the move provided one plays with Icefury and the boots/shoulders legendary combination.

Our weaknesses are sustained single target damage, spread-cleave (we're okay, but not exceptional at this, given the capacity to spread flame shock - we were much stronger back in Tomb when we had a tier set that buffed FS), and survivability (our defensives are amongst the worst in the game.

--For your main spec, what is your rotation (and/or priority system)?

Well, this really depends on whether I'm playing Icefury, Ascendance, or Lightning Rod, how many targets are present, and whether there are any points at which the raid needs more dps. But basically, on a normal, patchwerk encounter without much movement, I'll play ascendance (since there's much less room for error than with ice fury, and it does equivalent dps). My opener will be to pre-cast elemental blast, cast lightning bolt, apply flame shock, cast two lava bursts, and hop into ascendance. At this point I'll want to spam lava burst (tossing in an elemental blast whenever it comes off CD) and cast earth shock whenever I hit 117 or more maelstrom (though hit EB instead of earth shock when its off cool down).

Once I'm outside of ascendance, my priority is pretty simple. I'll want to first make sure my flame shock is up, and always re-apply it when there's less than 9 seconds on the debuff and I have more than 20 maelstrom. After that, I'll want to keep elemental blast on Cooldown, and earth shock whenever I reach 70 maelstrom (Not 125, which is maximum maelstrom - this allows my boots to proc with aftershock and GIVE me additional maelstrom...it might sound weird, but this is actually the perfect time to earth shock according to most sims if you're equipping the two BiS legendaries. At this point, it gets a little bit trickier. Generally, you'll be running echo of the elements, which gives you two lava burst charges, so you'll want to keep at least one charge on cool down. Ideally, you want to keep both on cool down, but that isn't completely possible, and isn't always the right thing to do. There's an artifact buff called "Power of the maelstrom" which makes your next three lightning bolts proc an elemental overload (and this buff in turn is procced by lava burst), so it's actually smart to cast lightning bolt with power of the maelstrom when lava burst is at one charge, rather than cast lava burst, so that you don't waste the current power of the maelstrom buff if you get another one. I won't, however, do this in multi-dot situations, since I'll potentially waste a lava surge proc! Aside from that, you have to maximize the use of Stormkeeper. Generally, you want to use this as soon as its not on CD (But never use on ascendance). You also, however, want to find a way to align this with power of the maelstrom. One smart way to do this is to use it right after ascendance, where you'll generally get a power of the maelstrom proc from all the Lava bursts you just cast. but another way to do this is to always make sure you cast both your charges of lava burst whenever storekeeper is up (if you don't have power of the maelstrom) to try to "fish" for a proc.

Anyways, that's single target with ascendance. Things get considerably more complex with Icefury, so I won't go over that, and actually get fairly simple in the multiple target rotation, which mainly involves intelligently fishing for lightning rod proc while making sure you use your stormkeeper when the raid needs some burst AoE.

--Does your character have all of his artifacts? What do your artifacts look like for your alternate specs? Yes, I do. The restoration artifact is a mace and shield, and the enhancement artifact is a hammer.

--Describe your experience and ability with each of your specs. I've been playing elemental roughly since Nighthold released in Legion, so I'm fairly experienced with it. I'd consider myself a good, though not exceptional player, largely because I'm newer to mythic raiding and still have a lot of room for improvement. I'm decent at restoration, though I haven't played it in awhile, and I'm utterly terrible at enhancement, mostly because I just don't like playing melee dps.

--Please provide an up-to-date picture of your UI (from a non-terrible site) here. List your hotkeys if they aren't easily viewable or a mod is preventing them from being viewed.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2pzmj2q ... 0vrpi2ZOfX

--What add-ons do you use? Please name the ones that are of particular interest to your class or raiding. I use weak auras, DBM, Elvui, recount, details (yes, two damage meters to display different kinds of damage, active and total), and angry assignments.

--Do you regularly investigate the details of your class and spec outside the game? If yes, what sites do you use and what do they offer you? If no, why do you not try to find out all the information you can about your class? Yes, I definitely do! One of the things that I like about this game is that you can constantly improve by learning more. I'm a regular over at the shaman class discord, particularly the elemental section, and I also visit storm earth and lava (for my shaman) and altered-time (For my mage).

--The only thing the raid leader should have to explain to an applicant is the actual guild's strategy on a certain boss fight. With that said, will you come to a progression raid having already watched videos on every boss fight you will be encountering and read any available information relevant to encounters? Yes. I'll generally watch videos done by method and fatbossguides.

--Will you come to raids with full consumables and the best gems/enchants you can get? Yes. I like maximizing my character's potential.

Raiding Experience in World of Warcraft (At content level)

--Vanilla: -

--Burning Crusade: -

--Wrath of the Lich King: Normal.

--Cataclysm Normal.

--Mists of Pandaria Normal.

--Warlords of Draenor -

Details

--Please post a link to a recent WoL/WCL report. This is a must-have. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1A ... &source=10

--What guilds have you been in (name and server) and why did you leave (or plan on leaving)?

I raided with a group of friends in a guild called "Immortal Icons" on stormrage, but ultimately we fell apart at Maiden - although the group ultimately downed the boss, it took such a toll on the group that we ultimately didn't survive to ToS. I took a very long break from the game at that point, and got back into mythic raiding in Antorus at a time when many guilds were already 11/11m. Still, I was determined to get cutting edge, and after a somewhat regrettable bit of guild hopping, I managed to do it. I left the guild I attained cutting edge with (Bacon Pancakes - Zul'jin) for a variety of reasons: toxic, homophobic personalities, as well as the feeling that the place just wouldn't be a good long-term home for me. I proceeded to trial with a guild that was aiming to be Top US 100 (Simple Math - Andorhal), but found that it was much too high stress an environment for me. I was also realizing that I wanted to play on alliance after paying a lot of beta - I just enjoyed the general aesthetic of the zones more, and wanted to be raiding on that side of the game.

Personality

--Why did you initially choose your character/class? What do you like most about it?

That's a good question, given all the downsides to elemental shaman. I suppose what I like most about it is the reactive gameplay it entails - you constantly have to respond to procs and uneven maelstrom generation. I like the fact that there's a large degree of uncertainty build into the spec (the best build is called 'gambling'), so that you have to be very responsive. I've found that being squishy and relatively immobile (in most sets) has forced me to think a lot about positioning, which has probably been good for me in the long-run.

--Are you receptive to criticism? Yep, I like knowing how I can get better.

Offline Profile