All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: What not to do in an app: Lockmaster's App
PostPosted: February 1st, 2010, 8:27 pm 

What is your spec and what did you choose this particular build?
Affliction because its a great raiding DPS build

What other builds have you played with? Why did you switch out of them?
i was desto. switched becaused i caused too much aggro for tank and raid almost wipes

Would you respec for the raid?
i would respec if needed

What are your general play times? Is there anything that would affect your availability and attentiveness during raids (work, family dinner, school, parents, etc)?
i would say anything between 3 server to 10-10:30 server is fine

Give us a detailed description of your computer's specifications - CPU/RAM/GraphicsCard/Monitor, etc.
mac leopard :D 2 gig ram

What sort of internet connection do you have, and how stable is it?
DSL at 1.5mb pretty stable

What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?
Strengths: high dps always top 5
weaknesses: low HP die quickly if aggroed

What is your average hours played per week?
i would say about 20 hours a week maybe more

Do you strafe, and in what situations would you strafe?
not sure what strafe means but i think it means jumping and i dont occasionaly starfe unless its for a reason( battel tactic, raid tactic PvP ect..)

Do you turn with your mouse or keyboard?
keyboard but mouse for fast reflexes

Are you a clicker?
depends...but am mostly a macro type person

What's your previous guild history, and why did you leave those guilds?
i was in The Enlightment Order...left because the Raid leader left and made his own guild Subversion. then join another raiding guild but that guild also split apart and now is gone. ( cant rememeber name)

What's your raid experience? Be specific, don't just say "BT."
i know all the raids from pre-BC to the bitch vampire in ICC. cleared ToC on both 10-25 and heroics. know all raid movements( for bosses) and reaction time

What is your previous MMORPG gaming experience, if any?
none

What can you offer us? (Or "Why should we recruit you?")
i wouldnt say i would be the best to controll a raiding group but i can provide extra help with raiding Ex. info on what to do on bosses and where to be. also i can provide help with dungons/heroics if other guildies want it.

What rare patterns/recipes/plans do you have for your professions that may be helpful to the guild?
none...steelweave enchanting is prooly my only rare...and i cant even use it cause its not high enough to use it. Enchanting 330/375 tailoring 420/450

What are you looking for in a guild?
some good memories and fun times at raids... and no ninjas

Do you have Ventrilo installed? Do you own a mic? Can you talk without horrible feedback? And will you talk if communication is necessary?
yes i do have it installed...i will talk IF necessary ( which is ocassionally because am a shy talker but i cant stop typeing to ppl so if u want me to shut up...just tell me to talk on vent lol

What's your favorite raiding encounter?
i would say algalon because it was a fun time when we first downed him

What do you feel should/could be changed to improve your class/spec?
better gear

What resist gear sets do you have? Are you willing to farm the mats for your own resist gear?
no resist gear. if necessary i will buy my own.

Do you have the new pvp trinket?
i dont PvP on my lock but on my rouge i do have it

What's the best wipe you've ever caused?
was on my rogue and aggroed boss by accedent cause i though he wouldnt detect me if i were stealth. ofcourse everyone was on a smoke, water bathroom break while i wasnt so when they came back everyone was dead lol was pretty funny accually.

Do you use consumables in raids, and if you do, which?
yes some SP consumables.

Do you pvp any?
not on my lock but on my rouge yes

What's your role in the raid?
DPS

What alts i have?
i got 2 rogues
furi- illidan http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... dan&n=Furi
Khazal- mal'ganis http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... s&n=Khazal
i sometimes play my dad's pally Absalom-illidan so i have some exp. with pallys also. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ood+Legion

and this is my warlock Locksmaster-Blade's edge http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ocksmaster

Last edited by locksmaster on February 4th, 2010, 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Warlock Class App
PostPosted: February 1st, 2010, 10:33 pm 
Junior Troll

I think you're automatically denied based on your enchants, particularly your +12 strength to bracers.

Also, the Rogue "alt" you linked is in the guild Elitist Jerks. That is a very high profile guild. You know how everybody says that everybody lies on their resume?

Now that I think about it, is this a joke application?

Coincidence? I think not!

Last edited by Bergtau on February 1st, 2010, 10:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: February 1st, 2010, 10:48 pm 
Junior Troll

Don't mind berg, he's a lil crazy. :P I thank you for your app, but your gearing is all over the place. Before we can take your app seriously I would suggest doing a proper gearing, enchant and gemming strat for your class. As it stands right now your app is denied until your gearing is more in line with how it should be. At which time we can take another look at you. I would recommend going forward that you get some parses too so we can see if you're playing to your gear level.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: February 1st, 2010, 10:56 pm 

my enchants are off because i was lvling up my enchanting....and ok ill try to lvl up my gear :D thanks for tip...and Bergtau if u dont belive that thats my alt ill be there at anytime :) just come to my server to see for ur self :D if i were making stuff up wouldnt u think i would of done a little better job of trying to show that am lieing? anyways w/e ill lvl up my gear and see what happens. also if u do think this is a "joke" App. then ask me any question ANY question about rogues or raids ill give u in FULL detail what the answer is. and if that still isnt enough ask ppl from guild subverison...they've seen my toons and know me from other server as well...if u guys just dont want me to be here u dont have to say that am lieing or just putting random ppl on my "alt"s and BTW locksmaster is my alt and my rouges are mains :D

Last edited by locksmaster on February 4th, 2010, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: February 1st, 2010, 11:09 pm 
Master Troll

Just a simple question, on your rogue what would be the best way to get out of a void portal on Sarth 3D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: February 1st, 2010, 11:33 pm 
Junior Troll

Furi and Khazal are both independent people. Furi and Absalom are not related.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 12:13 am 
Troll in Training

Hey Furi, how's it going man?

Remember that series we had the last week of season in 3s? That was some fun shit man. What was the win loss again? I can't remember but man you put out a crazy amount of pressure with Revert onto Tabbycapz.

ps- if you're going to lie about who you are probably should pick people less "high-profile" than Relentless Gladiator Furi of Blood Legion and a rogue from Elitist Jerks.

My other hunter is Calebv http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... l&n=Calebv (EU cuz my irl gf is a french model)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 12:23 am 
Junior Troll

Gates, your signature captures my thoughts about this thread.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 2:14 am 
Master Troll

I'm slightly confused (and too lazy to actually research this) but which toon did you have in Subversion and which one did you down Algalon with? If you lock is your alt and the rogues are your mains, do you even think you will have the time to commit to raiding with us? Why would you gear your rogues to the teeth and barely get the Azure cloth bindings for the lock, do you hate it that much?? OK, that last question was a jab.... but the other 2 weren't .

ok.. here are a few more...

What's your favorite part of that Algalon fight?
Why do you think disc priests are OP in a raid environment?
Favorite parts of the Putrid, Prince & Queen fights from the toon that completed those?
Why don't you just transfer the rogue over & faction change?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 10:24 am 
God Breaker

You guys all and your declining everything because he's possibly lying! I'm declining him outright because he plays on a mac!

PS. there are questions for you to answer among the rabble of others.... Ignore the peanut gallery for now, their complaints have been logged.

I myself am very interested in the answer to
Niki wrote:
Why would you gear your rogues to the teeth and barely get the Azure cloth bindings for the lock, do you hate it that much??

When in doubt, see above statment
Grind@Ouroborosguild.com

Offline Profile