All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Closed - Vitensby - Druid - Balance
PostPosted: September 10th, 2016, 7:36 pm 

Application Questions

Basics

--What is your character's name, race, class, and primary spec?
Vitensby Night Elf Druid Balance

--Please provide your profile link from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ of the character you're applying on.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/p ... /Vitensby/
Armory is slow to update.
I am Vitensby on Proudmoore Alliance. I am currently 847 ilvl Full mythic+ pieces with 876 ilvl weapon. 3rd relic slot unlocked. 18 1/2 Artifact Traits, halfway to 19 and my second golden trait. 3800/12k nightfallen

--How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
Since March of 2005. 11 Years.

--What is your real life age? (Under 18, 18-25, 25-30, 30+)

--What time zone do you live in?
Los Angeles, Pacific Standard Time, PST

--Do you have any other worthwhile 110's? (Name, Class, and Server)
Leveling an Outlaw Rogue (108) and Marksman Hunter (104)

Playstyle

--Do you predominantly (one or the other) activate spells and abilities using your keyboard/buttons on your mouse or by clicking the spells on the screen? Do you use your mouse or your keyboard (or a combination) to move?
I use my keyboard to input all spellcasting commands. I use my top two mouse buttons to move as well as one side button to autowalk.

--What are your keybinds?
I have my top bar above the standard action bar all bound to F1-F12 keys.

--What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?
Moonkins have very strong single target with Solar Wrath and Starsurge nukes. They also have very strong multi target (including spread out targets) with Lunar Strike cleave, Starfall and the SUnfire and Moonfire spells. Their weakness is doing damage top dps on high mobility fights, however Blizzard gave us Stellar drift this expansion allowing us to cast while moving during starfall which has helped.

--For your main spec, what is your rotation (and/or priority system)? If you're a healer, please explain what heals you use in what situations.
Single Target - Apply Sunfire Moonfire build astral power with solar wrath and nuke with starsurge then alternate based on which Solar Wrath or Lunar Strike empowerment you have available.
Multi Target - Apply Sunfire Moonfire build astral power with lunar strike starfall and continue to lunar strike. Use the 3 moon spells on 15 second cooldown.
All fights - use fury of elune paired with astral communion and Incarnation Chosen of Elune cooldown on Heroism phase.

--Does your character have a dual-spec? What's your gear like for your secondary spec?
I dont feel this expansion is friendly to dual spec considering you need every point of artifact power in your main spec. However if I had to choose, I would go with feral tank as I also have raid experience tanking and get alot of enjoyment out of it.

--Describe your experience and ability with each of your specs.
I have played WoW since March of 2005. I mained a Restoration Druid in classic and burning crusade. I switched to moonkin or should I say oomkin in Black Temple back in the day when we had to melee to get mana back. Since then I have mained the critchicken or hastechicken depending on which expansion and loved every minute of it. I also have offtanked for many bosses depending on guild need over the years as a feral tank. I do not have significant feral dps experience in a raid environment but I am proficient with all other specs.

--Please provide an up-to-date picture of your UI (from a non-terrible site) here. List your hotkeys if they aren't easily viewable or a mod is preventing them from being viewed.

--What add-ons do you use? Please name the ones that are of particular interest to your class or raiding.
Deadly Boss Mods
Omen Threat Meter
Recount
I am not big on needing addons to perform competitive dps and have good raid awareness. My playstyle is built into my brain through muscle memory of a decade of playing this class.

--Do you regularly investigate the details of your class and spec outside the game? If yes, what sites do you use and what do they offer you? If no, why do you not try to find out all the information you can about your class?
Greymatter used to be the go to site for moonkin druids. Restokin is decent these days. WoWhead and Icyveins offer competitive guides. I enjoy watching videos on youtube but primarily talk to other moonkins I have met over the years on chat to stay current.

--The only thing the raid leader should have to explain to an applicant is the actual guild's strategy on a certain boss fight. With that said, will you come to a progression raid having already watched videos on every boss fight you will be encountering and read any available information relevant to encounters?

Yes, I feel this is very important for all raiders to do as It prevents wipes and maximizes time and progression.

--Will you come to raids with full consumables and the best gems/enchants you can get?

I am a hardcore min maxer regardless of how much gold it costs I am always in the BiS chants and gems.

Raiding Experience in World of Warcraft (At content level)

Vanilla - Molten Core, some BWL, ONYXIA, ZG, AQ20, AQ40, No Naxx
BC - KARA, Gruuls, Mags, SSC, TK, BT, Hyjal and some Sunwell, and alot of Sunwell trash farming haha
WOTLK - Naxx, Sarth 3D, Maly, Ulduar Heroics - 0 Lights Yogg - Earned FOS Champion of Ulduar - H ToC, N ICC
CATA - H Bastion of Twilight, H Blackwing Descent, H ToT
MOP - Casual
WOD - H Highmaul
LEGION - Ouroboros team in Emerald Nightmare I hope! <3

Details

--Please post a link to a recent WoL/WCL report. This is a must-have.
I do not have any current logs as the last time I have raided competitively is early Cataclysm and Emerald Nightmare is not out to give a good idea of where my skill is at in a raid environment. I would be happy to run some mythics with the guild to show my awareness and dps capabilities anytime. "Back in my day" I was regarded as one of the best moonkins on the Sargeras and Uther server when I was an active HM raider to give you an idea of what you can expect from my performance.

--What guilds have you been in (name and server) and why did you leave (or plan on leaving)?

Insomniacs Llane Server - Top Classic and BC raiding guild. - Left to join Rocket Science with other RL friends.
Rocket Science Uther Server - Top 100 US Raiding Guild WOTLK - Left to start my own short lived ICC RL friend guild.
Resurrected Sargeras Server - Top 250 US Raiding Guild CATA - Beat H Nefarion and went casual.

Personality

--Why did you initially choose your character/class? What do you like most about it?
Initially, I have loved druids since Warcraft 3 when I played night elf. I made this character in classic wow and mained him ever since. I enjoy managing dots as well as having insane nukes for big damage. That hybrid playstyle is very fun to me.

--Are you receptive to criticism?

Anything that can make me a better player I am happy to hear about.

Also:

I bring 10 years of experience with WoW raiding at my core and all the great stories that come along with it to share with my guild friends. I have a strong desire to help my fellow wow players/guildies succeed in the game, as example many years ago I was a top 10 WoW/SC2 youtuber https://www.youtube.com/user/TheStarcraft2Dude who in part wrote the book on gold farming in late WOTLK and early CATA. I bring that same helpful attitude and knowledge sharing to every guild I am in. I am a team player, a min maxer who tries to get every point of dps possible out of every encounter and all around knowledgable and kind person.

Offline Profile