All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Closed - Ragnarblmane, warrior- arms/fury
PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 12:48 am 

Basics

--What is your character's name, race, class, and primary spec?
My name is Ragnarblmane,human,warrior, arm/fury
--Please provide your profile link from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ of the character you're applying on. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... gnarblmane

--How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
Since the game came out about 12 years
--What is your real life age? (Under 18, 18-25, 25-30, 30+)
--What time zone do you live in?
US Eastern
--Do you have any other worthwhile 100's? (Name, Class, and Server)
I have a 930 ww monk and a 912 Havoc DH(DH has more legendaries than the other since I mained him from en until the very end of NIghthold)
Playstyle

--Do you predominantly (one or the other) activate spells and abilities using your keyboard/buttons on your mouse or by clicking the spells on the screen? Do you use your mouse or your keyboard (or a combination) to move?
Most if not every ability I have is bound to a key. I use a combination to move of the wasd and the mouse to move my camera and use keybinds that are made to the mouse.
--What are your keybinds?
I have keybinds on e,q,r,f,x,1,2,3,shiftx,shiftmouse1.2.and 3, as well as all the mouse buttons having there own keybind other than shift.
--What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?
Warriors are normally a strong class overall. Fury can do some decent single target but lacks in compared to arms, while both have currently very good burst and sustained aoe whit arms being better on some fights with fury winning others. Fury can have a problem with taking more dmg than arms as arms has better defensive cooldowns and does not take extra dmg like fury does while enraged.
--For your main spec, what is your rotation (and/or priority system)? If you're a healer, please explain what heals you use in what situations.
Fury is all about generating rage and maximizing how many raging blows you get off in a enraged/frothing berserker windows. The priority is to bloodthirst if you are not enraged raging blow off cooldown and use rampage after reaching 100 rage as to not waste any. Keeping up enrage and getting as many frothing berserker procs is key.
--Does your character have all of his artifacts? What do your artifacts look like for your alternate specs?
Yes I have all the artifacts. My arms weapon is currently 69 traits while the fury one is 65 almost 66. I still go back and forth as to which one I want to play more of as the new tier is around the corner and many warriors I talk to say fury is looking way more on par with arms due to tier and legendary swapping for both specs.
--Describe your experience and ability with each of your specs.
I only just started playing warrior about a month or so ago so its still kinda new. I started learning fury back in Nighthold when I made this toon so its more comfortable arms has taken some time to get a feel for. My mythic logs are not as solid as I would like but my heroic is good.
--Please provide an up-to-date picture of your UI (from a non-terrible site) here. List your hotkeys if they aren't easily viewable or a mod is preventing them from being viewed.
https://imgur.com/L7dRscz.
--What add-ons do you use? Please name the ones that are of particular interest to your class or raiding.
I use DBM WA angry assignments, and details ( not so much for seeing the dps numbers but if I am dying or taking alot of dmg I can immediately look and see what is going on)
--Do you regularly investigate the details of your class and spec outside the game? If yes, what sites do you use and what do they offer you? If no, why do you not try to find out all the information you can about your class?
I use every outlet I can. Mainly since the introduction of discord I use my class one specifically for fury or arms depending. They have links to mmo guides they have.
--The only thing the raid leader should have to explain to an applicant is the actual guild's strategy on a certain boss fight. With that said, will you come to a progression raid having already watched videos on every boss fight you will be encountering and read any available information relevant to encounters?
Yes, I have mythic raided before and I have obtained cutting edge as well. I believe everyone should always watch videos before hand and even leading up to a fight.
--Will you come to raids with full consumables and the best gems/enchants you can get?
Yes and I frequently change them as soon as I get new pieces or sim and need to re-arange gems or enchants.
Raiding Experience in World of Warcraft (At content level)

--Vanilla: Did not do any I was to young I mainly just leveled and played with my dad and friends.

--Burning Crusade:
delved into some of the raiding nothing hardcore
--Wrath of the Lich King:
The first expansion I actually raided in progression wise. I killed everything up to ICC 10man
--Cataclysm I took a break from the game. I went threw some life changes during wrath and it lead to cata where I needed to focus more on my health rather than the game.

--Mists of Pandaria
I started to come back and progression raid into Siege of Ogrammar and was able to fully clear it 20m
--Warlords of Draenor
Did not get into a progression group just played around with friends until I moved on from raiding with them and was able to clear mythic all the way up to archimonde but was not able to down him.
Details

--Please post a link to a recent WoL/WCL report. This is a must-have.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... gnarblmane
--What guilds have you been in (name and server) and why did you leave (or plan on leaving)?
I have been in Philosophy , Something pretentious, and now EK all on proudmoore. Both Philosphy and SP didnt work out due to leadership issues. Philosophy was playing the favoritism card and was treating there core raiders horribly and that included me. They made me class switch to the ww which at the time I was not wanting to do or they would kick me. One of SP's officers constantly was being an ass ( the most polite word I could find) and directed alot of it at me. I blew up at him one night and woke up the next day kicked from the guild. I don't condone my actions I should have not blown up but I was at my limit after a month or raiding with him. Ek is not working out due to times I work and go to school I have some night classes and night shifts on days I don't have class.
Personality

--Why did you initially choose your character/class? What do you like most about it?
I love anything that dual wields or is mele in your face kind of play. I have always been drawn to a illidan type character and its why I mained a DH for so long and would not mind going back to it. But I currently chose a warrior because if fits my fast pace playstyle I like. Which havoc has lost imo from when I first started playing it.
--Are you receptive to criticism?
I welcome criticism and I want to know how I am doing on a regular basis. I am a chatty individual (not in the I am a jerk way) and am very competitive. But I can't improve on anything if I am not told what I am doing wrong if I am. I do believe you can always do better and I look to try to do so every raid.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Ragnarblmane - warrior- arms/fury
PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 11:17 am 
Recruiter

Hey Ragnarblmane, thanks for submitting an app. I'm one of the resident warriors and recruiters, and will start us off with a couple questions.

1. You mentiond that one of the reasons raiding in EK didn't work out due to night classes and night shifts. How will our raid times work for your schedule? I noticed you are in the eastern time zone, so our raid would run till 3am on Tuesday, and 2am for Wednesday/Thursday.

2. Between Fury and Arms, which spec do you prefer more and why?

3. Which trinkets do you have available, and which ones would you use for a pure ST fight (for both Arms and Fury)?

4. Which legendaries do you currently have for Arms and Fury?

Thanks!

Kyung

"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 9:38 pm 

The main reason why EK is not working isnt because of the going late (I am a night owl I normally stay up) is that they start to early, or at least he teams that are recruiting. I have classes Mondays and Wednesdays at my day ends there at 9 EST. Raid starts at 11 my time. My schedule changes some weeks I work thursday and other i don't but I consistently work tuesday. Both of those shifts end at 10:30 and most of the time I finish cleaning the store before then and and can clock out. I only live 5 min from the Krispy Kreme I work out so travel time is not a problem.

I really do enjoy both sepcs almost equally for there own reasons. If I had to pick I would say fury because even tho arms has gotten better with its tactician procs it still has windows where you have to wait to do your abilities due to not having certain procs. With fury there is never a down time I like having to constantly do my rotation and manage how much rage I have and buffs.

Right now for arms my best trinkets happen to be the 935 cradle of anguish I have and then KJ's. I have a engine of eradication at 900 ilvl waiting if I ever got a better legendary combo unfortunately that is not the case. With fury I have the cradle of anguish and the 915 umbral moon glaives. I farm every week to try and get a convergence of fate as its used in almost every fight for fury. In single target or aoe its very strong and it pairs well with the moon glaives. But I am not the luckiest person and still cant get one.

I currently have for arms the Pants,class ring, KJ's, the shoulders, and the neck. For fury I have the cloak, the new pants, and the WW belt. Those are the only 2 besides all the "utility" legendary's I was so lucky to get (not :P). The belt and KJ's would be used for aoe and I would be using the cloak and pants for single. Problem is I need the tier shoulders to do that combo which I still need a pair.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: October 18th, 2017, 3:33 pm 
Recruiter

Thanks for the responses, just have a couple more followup questions for you:

1. What do you look for in a raiding guild?

2. What do you like to do outside of WoW/raiding?

Thanks,

Kyung

"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: October 18th, 2017, 4:33 pm 

1. I look for a group of people I get along with, I do alot of other things in the game other than raid (mythic + pushing talking play other games like pubg and even csgo some times). I want a group I can have fun with and still push content at the high end level. I work on my main and stay up to date on what is needed to be at that level and I want others to do the same to make sure we all have the same goal.

2. If you mean outside of wow I generally am working at Krispy Kreme or I am working on school work. I am majoring in political science and I am considering a career in law/politics. I spend my free time (what little I have) playing wow or hanging out with friends when I can.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: October 20th, 2017, 9:48 am 
Recruiter

We would like to pull you in for an interview sometime this weekend and were wondering what your availability is like for Saturday and Sunday after 8pm PST. Let us know which day/times would work best for you so we can schedule something.

Best,

Kyung

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: October 20th, 2017, 8:52 pm 

I work tomorrow until 11:30 my time which would be 8:30 server time. Most of the time I can get off earlier so if tomorrow you all want to do it I would be a little late. Sunday I am perfectly open at any time during the day so 8 server would work as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: October 21st, 2017, 9:28 pm 
Recruiter

What is your availability like on Monday night? Add either my btag or Dookies' below to help schedule faster:

Kyung#11645
Dookie#1491

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2017, 10:29 am 
Recruiter

Interview set to Monday, October 23 at 8:00pm PST

dookie#1491

Offline Profile