All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Closed - Onegaive, Havoc Demonhunter Application
PostPosted: December 28th, 2017, 10:04 pm 

--What is your character's name, race, class, and primary spec?

Name : öneglaive
Race : Nightelf
Class : Demonhunter
Spec : Havoc DPS

--Please provide your profile link from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ of the character you're applying on.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... b6neglaive

--How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?

About 13 years

--What is your real life age? (Under 18, 18-25, 25-30, 30+)

30+

--What time zone do you live in?

Pacific Standard Time

--Do you have any other worthwhile 100's? (Name, Class, and Server)

Onebolt - Enhancement Shaman
Server : Stormrage

Playstyle

--Do you predominantly (one or the other) activate spells and abilities using your keyboard/buttons on your mouse or by clicking the spells on the screen? Do you use your mouse or your keyboard (or a combination) to move?

Keyboard and mouse.

--What are your keybinds?

Pomegranate

--What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?

Currently I believe Demon Hunters are very strong at doing what we always have done. Targeted Burst ST and AoE DPS via T20 mainly, raid utility with Darkness, and high mobility.

What I think is our weakness is currently sort of a double edged sword. T21 is a lot of fun to play, and is "supposed" to provide more consistent sustained DPS and more survivability due to leech while in Meta. However the entire spec is total RNG, and worse then usual. The reason for this, is we first have a 25% chance to spawn an orb. The orb can then spawn either near you or quite far and in any direction. This could be in front of a boss or in damaging mechanics. Then you have to be able to get the orb, which again depending on fight mechanics could put you at risk.

--For your main spec, what is your rotation (and/or priority system)? If you're a healer, please explain what heals you use in what situations.

Opening Rotation :

1. Pre-Pot
2. Fel Rush
3. Nemesis
4. Fury of the Illidari
5. Eye Beam
6. Annihilation Spam
7. Once Eye Beam Meta / Haste Buff expire, Cast Meta.
8. Eye Beam
9. Annihilation Spam
10. Demons Bite

Note : I must always be aware of my fury and make sure not to overcap on Fury by getting uneeded orbs.

--Does your character have all of his artifacts? What do your artifacts look like for your alternate specs?

Yes, but I only focus on DPS since I don't enjoy tanking.

--Describe your experience and ability with each of your specs.

--Please provide an up-to-date picture of your UI (from a non-terrible site) here. List your hotkeys if they aren't easily viewable or a mod is preventing them from being viewed.

https://imgur.com/a/yyXdJ

--What add-ons do you use? Please name the ones that are of particular interest to your class or raiding.

ElvUi
DeadlyBoss Mods
WeakAuras
Exorsus Raid Tools
Angry Assignments

--Do you regularly investigate the details of your class and spec outside the game? If yes, what sites do you use and what do they offer you? If no, why do you not try to find out all the information you can about your class?

I mainly browse the Demon Hunter Discord to see if there is ever any new info given by the moderators, and to see what the community of my class say. I'm always open minded to new ways or ideas to play my class. I also keep in touch with a few good Demon Hunters I know to go over things when I feel like there maybe something I'm missing.

--The only thing the raid leader should have to explain to an applicant is the actual guild's strategy on a certain boss fight. With that said, will you come to a progression raid having already watched videos on every boss fight you will be encountering and read any available information relevant to encounters?

Yes. Videos are great but for me personally, the best way for me to know a fight is to attempt it. I'll also 100% ask questions should I need clarifications on something or the strategies that are set in place by the leadership. For example, where does X players go with X mechanic. No raid is ever the same, so I rather know what are your methods and strats per boss.

--Will you come to raids with full consumables and the best gems/enchants you can get?

Yes

Raiding Experience in World of Warcraft (At content level)

7/7 Mythic Emerald Nightmare - Cutting Edge
3/3 Mythic Helya - Cutting Edge
10/10 Mythic Night Hold - Cutting Edge
9/9 Normal / Heroic ToS
11/11 Normal / 11/11 Heroic - AoTC

Details

--Please post a link to a recent WoL/WCL report. This is a must-have.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QT ... amage-done
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... B6neglaive

--What guilds have you been in (name and server) and why did you leave (or plan on leaving)?

So during EN and ToV the guild I was in had reformed to Raid Icons. Aaramatt (Raid Leader) and Skyliera (GM/Healing Officer) led the guild. As a newly formed guild we achieved quite a lot in a short time, getting Cutting Edge in our first major tier of Night Hold on mythic. I was melee officer during the second half of the raid. However shortly after ToS launched I had to step down due to a new job opportunity. I came back after getting Full Time shortly before Blizzcon, and have been catching up since. Unfortunately Raid Icons had stopped raiding, and Matt and Sky had moved to Storm Rage and joined Pirates on Stormrage. I transferred in order to play with them, but am unable to make their raid times. So this is why I am looking for a new raiding home.

Should you also like them, I can provide you with Sky and Matts btags who can speak on behalf of my performance and dedication to succeed as a raider.

Personality

--Why did you initially choose your character/class? What do you like most about it?

I love high mobility classes. When I saw Demon Hunters I knew it was the class for me. I love the animations of Eye Beam and Blade Dance. Also having warglaives is awesome! The entire reason my name is Oneglaive is because back in BC when I was raiding on my Rogue I made a bet with my friends that if I didn't get both glaives, Id have to name myself Oneglaive forever.

--Are you receptive to criticism?

Of course. Constructive criticism is always welcome because it can only help me grow as a team member and raider.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Onegaive - Havoc Demonhunter Application
PostPosted: December 29th, 2017, 9:38 am 
Recruiter

Great to see you throw an app up! We'll get back to you shortly after some review and discussion.

dookie#1491

Offline Profile