All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Closed - Holybrxs - Application
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2018, 6:34 pm 

Name
Character Name: Brx
Current Experience: 2/11 M Antorus. Logs are progression Logs for mythic so they aren’t that great.
Logs
--Please provide your profile link from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ of the character you're applying on.
Logs: (Had a name change so I will be posting two links for Tomb and Antorus)
Tomb: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ingzone=13
Antorus: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/28080391
Experience
--How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I have been playing World of Warcraft since the release of Cataclysm. However, i took a 2 year break due to military obligations.
--What is your real life age? (Under 18, 18-25, 25-30, 30+)
I am 25 years old.
--What time zone do you live in?
I live in San Diego, Ca. So that puts me in PST
--Do you have any other worthwhile 110's? (Name, Class, and Server)
Frost Mage - Brxs (Area-52) Artifact lvl 75
--Do you predominantly (one or the other) activate spells and abilities using your keyboard/buttons on your mouse or by clicking the spells on the screen? Do you use your mouse or your keyboard (or a combination) to move?
I definitely use my keyboard and mouse to activate my spells as well as moving/strafing.
--What are your keybinds?
I have keybinds for everything really. I use 1-5 on my keyboard for the basic spells. Shift 1-5 for damaging spells ( on healer). I also use the four mouse buttons I have for cooldowns as well as de-spells (vuhdo interface)
--What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?
As a holy priest, my strengths lie in burst healing. Especially with Tier 20 set, the burst aspect of an H priest increases by 40%. Also, the Priest Class for healing is unique in that it provides a nice utility in it's kit be using Leap of Faith.
In contrast, the weaknesses of a Holy priest is that there isn't much of any healing on the run spells that it provides so it's a very static way of healing because you are limited by mobility. Also, another major weakness is our single raid healing cooldown isn't really that effective when you compare it with Tranquility or Healing tide totem. It’s actually sub par without having to build up for it by using Divinity + Velens..
--For your main spec, what is your rotation (and/or priority system)? If you're a healer, please explain what heals you use in what situations.
Healer - When there isn't much raid damage going out, I tend to spam Heal and Prayer of Mending for the chance to give out renew since I don't cast renew at all except if I have to move (which is a waste of mana in my opinion cause it literally heals for nothing but I can't just not cast). As for AoE healing, Prayer of Healing combined with Sanctify (if available) and Prayer of Mending to reduce the cooldown of Sanctify. I tend to use my Sanctify on cd just for my Echo of light Passive and saving my Serenity for player lower than 75%.
--Does your character have all of his artifacts? What do your artifacts look like for your alternate specs?
My main spec is at artifact 76 as of 1/3/2018. Secondary specs are all above 60. However, I don't like the Disc play style all that much and Shadow priest dps isn't my favorite. that's why I have mage equal in artifact level.
--Describe your experience and ability with each of your specs.
I'm average at shadow. I'm not all that great. I know the rotation but I just don't really like the dps play style all that much. Same goes for Disc.
--Please provide an up-to-date picture of your UI (from a non-terrible site) here. List your hotkeys if they aren't easily viewable or a mod is preventing them from being viewed.

--What add-ons do you use? Please name the ones that are of particular interest to your class or raiding.
I use ElvUI for my Interface, Vuhdo for my Healing addon, Exorcus for general Raiding (CD tracker, Notes, Battle Log, Etc.), Details, and DBM
--Do you regularly investigate the details of your class and spec outside the game? If yes, what sites do you use and what do they offer you? If no, why do you not try to find out all the information you can about your class?
Wowanalyzer.com - This gives me an in depth analysis of the fight posted form Warcraft logs. It tells me what spells I used and how many times I cast them and compares it to other classes that parsed for that fight. Then it tells me how much I should be casting the spells.
Warcraft logs - Once posted, this shows parses and compares myself to others that parsed in the fight.
--The only thing the raid leader should have to explain to an applicant is the actual guild's strategy on a certain boss fight. With that said, will you come to a progression raid having already watched videos on every boss fight you will be encountering and read any available information relevant to encounters?
The way I see it, the team is only as strong as its weakest link. So knowing the fight inside and out is essential to getting a kill. With that said, I watch videos at least 2-3 times for strategies and I read even more on wowhead forums.
--Will you come to raids with full consumables and the best gems/enchants you can get?
Yes, I am prepared with consumable as well at flasks. Having necessary gems and enchants are usually my normal playing conditions.
--Please post a link to a recent WoL/WCL report. This is a must-have.
WCL link above.
--What guilds have you been in (name and server) and why did you leave (or plan on leaving)?
I was the healing officer for <Zenijar> on stormrage. However, we decided to disband the guild after some conflicting issues with members.
Trialed with <I'mmortal Icons> and got to 2/11 M and was promoted to a raiding status but the guild decided to disband due to lack of raiders
--Why did you initially choose your character/class? What do you like most about it?
I have been a healer since I started playing Wow. First I was a holy pally and I loved the gameplay back in cataclysm. But when i came back to wow, the whole play style changed and I wasn't too into it anymore. Tried out the resto shaman for Nighthold and although it's a good raid healer, I just wasn't too into it. When i tried out Holy priest, I was hooked. The play style i found was a niche for me.
--Are you receptive to criticism?
Yes. You kind of have to be in this day and age about everything. Criticism leads to better players all around.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Holybrxs - Application
PostPosted: January 5th, 2018, 9:38 am 
Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to fill out and submit an application. Unfortunately at this time you don't match what we are currently interested in as we currently have 2 healing priests. Once again, thank you and good luck in your guild search.

dookie#1491

Offline Profile