All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Closed - 960Disc Priest - Atàl - Area52
PostPosted: January 24th, 2018, 1:42 am 

Basic
Atàl - Area52 (US) i am a 960ilvl panda disc priest with 2/11M exp.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=hps

I have been playing WoW since WoTLK with the release of ICC, however was a resto shaman back then. I've played on and off since then getting cutting edge on my shaman during HFC. I swapped to Disc during ToS M prog because we needed another healer and already had a strong resto shaman. Shaman is Ataljang - Area 52 enh/resto. needs work for H/M ABT as i primarily focused on the Disc swap.

i am 25-30 living in EST time zone

Playstyle
All my keybinds are located in the vicinity of AWSD or on mouse for easy and quick access. Had a good laugh at (activate spells and abilities using your keyboard/buttons on your mouse or by clicking the spells on the screen) do people still click hotbars? Movement is a combination of mouse and keyboard.

The strongest attribute of a Disc priest is the strong raid wide healing with short cooldowns provided you are able to predict / buffer the incoming damage. If not, then you end up playing catch-up or over stress the other healers while you waste mana.

Disc 'rotation' is fairly simple:
watch boss timers, plea/PWS with 10 seconds to major ability, 2xPWR 5 seconds before ability, cast cds, smite/plea filler

All of my priest's specs are lvl 75 artifact. i have been messing with shadow a bit when bored but regulary play holy (mostly for Eonar and Imonar) due to Disc being gimped on those fights from nothing to target for attonement healing.

https://imgur.com/a/GXTDI (raid UI) comprised of DBM, Weak Aura, Vuhdoo and Exrt

Regularly visit the Focused Will discord and howtopriest for any new insight from the topped raiders that contribute

Raiding Experience in World of Warcraft (At content level)

--Vanilla:

--Burning Crusade:

--Wrath of the Lich King:
10man H (not sure completion)
--Cataclysm
full H clear
--Mists of Pandaria
skipped xpac
--Warlords of Draenor
cutting edge HFC

Details

--Please post a link to a recent WoL/WCL report. This is a must-have.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=hps

--What guilds have you been in (name and server) and why did you leave (or plan on leaving)?
Christmas is Cancelled (current guild) - Area 52
The guild always had a hard time recruiting member for the M team. At one point we had enough members to do mythic. went 5/9M ToS and 2/11M ABT with a few pulls on council. We had a few of the core well performing member quit due to personal life issues which resulted in a down spin of the guild. We stopped doing M and started having a hard time clearing heroic. GM and raid lead decided to disband the team.

Personality

--Why did you initially choose your character/class? What do you like most about it?
I choose to pick up playing Disc because my current guild needed another healer and we already had a strong resto shaman. I choose Disc over other healing classes because i liked the challenge of the class (also how everyone kept telling me that it was the hardest spec to play).

--Are you receptive to criticism?
I am very much open to criticism, if there is a better or more efficient way of doing something. (or i am just botching it completely) the sooner i am made aware the better. I believe disc fits my personality / play-style very well as it is all about efficiency and timing.

P.S. long ass aplicaion form

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 960Disc Priest - Atàl - Area52
PostPosted: January 30th, 2018, 8:39 pm 
Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to fill out an application. At this time, we have decided not to move forward with your application. We wish you all the best

dookie#1491

Offline Profile