All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Closed - Lh - Resto Druid
PostPosted: February 28th, 2018, 3:23 pm 

--What is your character's name, race, class, and primary spec?
Lh - Aman'thul Nightelf Resto Druid

--Please provide your profile link from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ of the character you're applying on.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/amanthul/lh

Note: If it shows the legendary ring instead of legendary shoulders, then it's my M+ set.
I usually have a gear set with 27-28% mastery for raiding.

--How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I've been playing WoW, on and off, for a total of around 2-3 years. I played casually until the end of MoP where I decided to join a semi-hardcore guild. After the launch of WoD I decided to take a break from WoW. I only recently started playing again around 2 and a half months ago.

--What is your real life age? (Under 18, 18-25, 25-30, 30+)
18. I am currently in University in the UK.

--What time zone do you live in?
UTC +0. Have no problem waking up early.

--Do you have any other worthwhile 100's? (Name, Class, and Server)
Lyozy - Aman'thul: WW Monk
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... thul/lyozy

Lyuan - Aman'thul: Blood DK
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... thul/lyuan

Playstyle

--Do you predominantly (one or the other) activate spells and abilities using your keyboard/buttons on your mouse or by clicking the spells on the screen? Do you use your mouse or your keyboard (or a combination) to move?
I cast spells using the buttons on my Razer naga along with modifiers, such as [Shift] and [Ctrl]. I also click on my raid frames to target the players that I want to heal.

--What are your keybinds?
https://imgur.com/a/IdH86

--What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?
Strengths:
Lots of HoTs and a Mastery that strengths those dots
Much more mobile than other healers
A lot of Utility E.G. Ursols, IronBark, Typhoon..
Can take big hits using Guardian's affinity
Lots of different ways you can use your healing CDs (will explain in the rotation section)
A change of 1 or 2 talents can make you viable for different fights and different damage patterns
Weaknesses:
Can waste a lot of mana very easily
Weaker than other classes when it comes down to healing large spike damage
Only really has swiftmend to heal heavy single target damage. Spamming Regrowths on a target in a raid setting will run you dry very quickly.

--For your main spec, what is your rotation (and/or priority system)? If you're a healer, please explain what heals you use in what situations.

HoTs with Reju and Germination (if taken) for situations where players are going to take damage, have taken a lot of damage or have a debuff on them.

Blanket these HoTs on the raid before large raid wide damage and use EoG to top them up quickly.

EoG and Flourish can both be used at the same time or can be separated for different situations. E.G. (For Garothi Worldbreaker) If your HoTs have 3 seconds left and Decimation is about to go off in 5 seconds, I would flourish first then EoG when the damage goes off, or just save EoG for empowered Annihilation and just tranq instead.

Wildgrowth when 3+ targets are lot or taking a lot of damage.
Use Flourish to extend WG HoT when possible to get the most out of Flourish.

Try to keep lifebloom up for the clearcasting procs and also keep Cenarion Ward on CD.

Regrowth with clearcasting procs to conserve mana during a raid scenario.

Talents:
The majority of the time I like to change Incarn: Tree and Cultivation around depending on how much damage the raid is taking and how frequently.
Also I switch out Germination for Spring Blossoms for fights without much movement.
E.G. I take Spring Blossoms with Incarn: Tree on Varimathras as everyone is stacked and are not taking huge amounts of spike damage that would drop them below 60% HP.

Although I have not been healing for a long time, I would also like to mention that I understand the difference between healing for farm content (parses) and healing for progression.

--Does your character have all of his artifacts? What do your artifacts look like for your alternate specs?
Resto - 75
Feral - 70
Balance - 68

--Describe your experience and ability with each of your specs.
Resto - I just start playing resto this patch and have experience healing up to Mythic Felhounds.
Feral - Played it at the end of MoP for a 25 man guild called Fate - Frostmourne for about 1-2 months.
Balance - None
Guardian - I spent the majority of my time tanking as a Guardian druid.

--Please provide an up-to-date picture of your UI (from a non-terrible site) here. List your hotkeys if they aren't easily viewable or a mod is preventing them from being viewed.
https://imgur.com/a/Uzawu

--What add-ons do you use? Please name the ones that are of particular interest to your class or raiding.
Grid2
ElvUI
WeakAuras
Tellmewhen
Skada

--Do you regularly investigate the details of your class and spec outside the game? If yes, what sites do you use and what do they offer you? If no, why do you not try to find out all the information you can about your class?
I do. I like to watch top resto druids play by watching their youtube videos or watching them progress on a boss on twitch.
I also WoWanalyze myself after every raid.

--The only thing the raid leader should have to explain to an applicant is the actual guild's strategy on a certain boss fight. With that said, will you come to a progression raid having already watched videos on every boss fight you will be encountering and read any available information relevant to encounters?
Of course

--Will you come to raids with full consumables and the best gems/enchants you can get?
Of course

Raiding Experience in World of Warcraft (At content level)

--Vanilla: Didn't play

--Burning Crusade: Didn't play

--Wrath of the Lich King: Didn't play

--Cataclysm
Mischief Makers - Aman'thul: 6/8H DS (back when heroic was mythic)

--Mists of Pandaria
Sigil - Aman'thul: 1/13H ToT (back when heroic was mythic)

E X A L T E D - Aman'thul: 14/14M 10 man (World: 930 US: 228)

Fate - Frostmourne: 14/14M 25 man (They cleared it before I joined)

--Warlords of Draenor - None

Details

--Please post a link to a recent WoL/WCL report. This is a must-have.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/use ... ist/713682

--What guilds have you been in (name and server) and why did you leave (or plan on leaving)?

Mischief Makers - Aman'thul: left because raids wouldn't work out due to lack of players

Sigil - Aman'thul: left because they disbanded after ToT

E X A L T E D - Aman'thul: left after clearing SoO because they didn't do 25 man raiding

Fate - Frostmourne: left because I took a break after the release of WoD

Personality

--Why did you initially choose your character/class? What do you like most about it?
I initially chose to play a druid because my guild back then needed a tank, however I've grown fond of the endless utility and mobility that the druid has.
I decided to try something new and play a restoration druid this patch, because I found watching the health bars of my party members going up and down oddly satisfying..

--Are you receptive to criticism?
Yes I am. I think that criticism from others and critique from yourself is a necessity in order to develop in game and in life.

Lastly I want to tell you why I raid and what I expect when joining Ouroboros.
I raid because I enjoy the thrill of clearing a tough boss, that you and your team have worked hard and progressed on for weeks. I am also more focused on killing bosses rather than getting your character decked out in gear.

I expect that with Ouroboros, I will feel that sense of progression and achievement that I felt during MoP, without an extremely hardcore schedule.

-Ly

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Lh - Resto Druid
PostPosted: March 4th, 2018, 5:23 pm 
Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to fill out and submit an application. At this time we have decided to not move forward with your application as we're looking a candidate more ready to jump in immediately and help push out progression and finish the tier with mythic Aggramar and Argus.

We wish you the best of luck

dookie#1491

Offline Profile