All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Király's Application
PostPosted: June 25th, 2018, 3:52 pm 

Application Questions

Basics

--What is your character's name, race, class, and primary spec?

Király the Light of Dawn
Night Elf
Druid
Resto

--Please provide your profile link from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ of the character you're applying on.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ir%C3%A1ly
I couldn't find myself on armory for whatever reason.

--How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?

Since I was 12 years old, so about 12 years on and off. /played probably 3-4 years.

--What is your real life age? (Under 18, 18-25, 25-30, 30+)

--What time zone do you live in?

PST, California West Coast

--Do you have any other worthwhile 110's? (Name, Class, and Server)
I have a disc priest and a windwalker monk. Rutchie, Monkuhs, Proudmoore.

Playstyle

--Do you predominantly (one or the other) activate spells and abilities using your keyboard/buttons on your mouse or by clicking the spells on the screen? Do you use your mouse or your keyboard (or a combination) to move?

I nearly exclusively have all abilities bound to my mouse and keyboard, but some things like Hearthstone and maybe some underused potions I will click

--What are your keybinds?

1-4 on keyboard, mouse buttons 1-3, 10-13, Both mouse left and right click applied to Rejuv and lifebloom, shift mouse click for dispells and regrowth. QERTYZXFG and the shift of those keys are my cooldowns/other heals.

--What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?

I think druid is versatile in movement, personals, and actives. Tranquility is one of the best raid heals in the game, Rejuv is insane for sustain damage fights, bear form for survivability, ironbark for emergency mitigation on tanks, cat form movement speed and dps abilities, typhoon and entanglement for cc...They're really the jack of all trades. However, they are certainly weak when it comes to emergency heals, as HoTs take time. Swiftmend is the only instant big heal we have, and regrowth is decent but it brings up a resto druids second biggest weakness, which is mana. Keeping up rejuvs on many targets or spam healing regrowth for emergencies can run a druid oom quickly unless they're adept and understand when and where to use their mana.

--For your main spec, what is your rotation (and/or priority system)? If you're a healer, please explain what heals you use in what situations.

I keep rejuv and lifebloom up on the tank(s) at practically all times. I'll prehot with rejuv before big damages or maintain rejuv on most/all members during sustained damage fights (vari). Regrowth is used when my clearcasting procs or when a target is low and needs spot heals, swiftmend is also used for spot healing/emergency heals. Tranq is popped in coordination with other healers when big damage happens, or just when big damage happens in general. I'll pop my artifact and flourish together too for big damage when tranq is unavailable. I use innervate typically near the beginning of fights to have it once more by the end. Ironbark when a tank calls for it or when they're low/reactionary. Wildgrowth to proc my 4 piece and when aoe damage is taken. Maintain efflorescence at all time where the most players are. Barkskin/bear for mitigation, displacer beast/cat/dash for moving out of fire. Typhoon for interupts/knockbacks, entangle for cc. I think that's everything.

--Does your character have all of his artifacts? What do your artifacts look like for your alternate specs?

I may be misinterpreting this question but here's a shot.
I do have all of my artifacts although only my resto is levelled and reliced up. My 2ndary would be feral but it's not great, although its not terrible.

--Describe your experience and ability with each of your specs.

I've played resto druid since WotLK on and off and I believe myself to be well adept in healing as resto. However, feral I'm amateur at currently, but I believe I can pick up on it fast.

--Please provide an up-to-date picture of your UI (from a non-terrible site) here. List your hotkeys if they aren't easily viewable or a mod is preventing them from being viewed.

https://imgur.com/a/rdU7YrF
I can reupload if anything isn't clear.

--What add-ons do you use? Please name the ones that are of particular interest to your class or raiding.

I use Grid2 for raid frames, Clique to assign keybindings to my mouse, Elvui for player/target frames/action bars/etc. (most of my UI), Details to track dps and healing, Quartz for my casting bar (and global cd bar), OmniCC for CD timers, Weakauras for CD timers and important boss timers, DBM for boss timers and alerts, and some other add ons to make my UI look pretty and juicy

--Do you regularly investigate the details of your class and spec outside the game? If yes, what sites do you use and what do they offer you? If no, why do you not try to find out all the information you can about your class?

I try to watch twitch streams and youtube videos of mythic raiders to get tips and tricks for my class. Occasionally I'll look at wowhead guides or druid discords for in-depth information

--The only thing the raid leader should have to explain to an applicant is the actual guild's strategy on a certain boss fight. With that said, will you come to a progression raid having already watched videos on every boss fight you will be encountering and read any available information relevant to encounters?

Yes of course. I'll come prepared always, I don't want my time wasted so I try my best not to waste anyone elses. Time is money, friend.
However, if I need clarification on a certain mechanic, I will not hesitate to ask.

--Will you come to raids with full consumables and the best gems/enchants you can get?

Always. Anything else is suboptimal/casual.

Raiding Experience in World of Warcraft (At content level)

--Vanilla: AFK

--Burning Crusade:

--Wrath of the Lich King: N ICC 11/11, Ulduar 13/13, ToC 5/5 Cleared all random ones like VoA, RS, OS, etc.

--Cataclysm: Firelands 8/8 Dragonsoul 11/11

--Mists of Pandaria: TES 4/4, ToT 12/12, MSV 6/6, quit before SoO

--Warlords of Draenor: AFK

Details

--Please post a link to a recent WoL/WCL report. This is a must-have.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rV ... pe=healing

--What guilds have you been in (name and server) and why did you leave (or plan on leaving)?

I've been in Members Only in Undermine in WoTLK which was the servers best guild at the time, and Disavowed in Cenarius which I believe was top 10 although my memory is foggy, as far as the serious ones I can remember. I only ever left because real life got in the way of playing. I had to go to college and could not take the game as seriously as I wanted.

Personality

--Why did you initially choose your character/class? What do you like most about it?

I chose druids at the beginning just because of how easy it was to quest, especially as a night elf (shadowmeld hella op). They were also one of the only classes with all 4 specs and I appreciated that freedom. Eventually, after attempted dps and tanking and finding it quite boring personally, I moved to healing and fell in love. Healing is engaging and ever changing in a fight, and the importance of healers to literally keep your raid alive fills me with an adrenaline rush that I just don't get from tanking and dpsing.

--Are you receptive to criticism?

Of course. I will be the first to criticize myself if I'm doing something wrong. If there's anyway to improve, I'd be a fool to not listen to criticism, as long as it's constructive. If people just straight up say "you're retarded" or something, however, I won't tolerate it for a second. Something like "hey I think you could do this or this differently" is always well met.

Offline Profile