All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Closed - Hados Application
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2018, 12:46 am 

--What is your character's name, race, class, and primary spec?

Hados, Human, Monk, Windwalker (however, this is flexible).

--Please provide your profile link from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ of the character you're applying on.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... oore/Hados

--How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I just recently came back to the game in the past two weeks after not playing since MoP (launch through 5.2). Before this, I played from WoW Beta and all through Classic.

--What is your real life age? (Under 18, 18-25, 25-30, 30+)

30+

--What time zone do you live in?

Pacific Time Zone.

--Do you have any other worthwhile 100's? (Name, Class, and Server)

Archos, Demon Hunter, Tanaris.

Playstyle

--Do you predominantly (one or the other) activate spells and abilities using your keyboard/buttons on your mouse or by clicking the spells on the screen? Do you use your mouse or your keyboard (or a combination) to move?

Keyboard! All combat abilities are activated via. the keyboard as well as my movement. My mouse is only utilized for some targeting, view and UI navigation. I come from a very competitive gaming background which has served me well when it comes to MMO raiding.

--What are your keybinds?

Pomegranate. I also utilize, Qwerty, Zxc, Fg, 1-5 and then alt combos of those keys as well. Everything is in reach of my keyboard hand for quick action.

--What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?

I am still learning the Monk class; before coming back for BfA, all of my WoW time has been spent playing a Warrior. So far though, I'd say as a DPS Monk one weakness is that we are limited to one DPS spec. When the class is compared to a pure DPS class, like a Rogue, it suffers from not having three different DPS specs to choose from.

--For your main spec, what is your rotation (and/or priority system)? If you're a healer, please explain what heals you use in what situations.

Well, as of 8.0, it seems Monk DPS is three buttons; Fists of Fury > Blackout Kick > Tiger Palm when low on energy, rinse and repeat. I am hoping this changes as one of my initial draws to Monk is that is a bit more complex than some other classes.

I've been experimenting with Rushing Jade Wind / Serenity vs. Whirling Dragon Punch combos. I am not sure which I prefer at this time.

--Does your character have all of his artifacts? What do your artifacts look like for your alternate specs?

Nope, I only have two artifacts in total, plan to get more now that I can buy them. I am curious as to how effective artifacts will be once BfA launches.

--Describe your experience and ability with each of your specs.

I've played Windwalker for two weeks and I am learning something new each day that I play. I've tanked in Brawmaster once or twice and I've healed in Mistweaver once; my abilities are lacking in these specs at this point.

--Please provide an up-to-date picture of your UI (from a non-terrible site) here. List your hotkeys if they aren't easily viewable or a mod is preventing them from being viewed.

Sure thing, https://imgur.com/a/7UTb1aA.

--What add-ons do you use? Please name the ones that are of particular interest to your class or raiding.

I am using Elvui, World Quest Tracker and Details!. I'm up for using whatever is needed to conquer content in the future. Ex. Deadly Boss Mods for raiding etc.

--Do you regularly investigate the details of your class and spec outside the game? If yes, what sites do you use and what do they offer you? If no, why do you not try to find out all the information you can about your class?

I do! I've been using Icy-Veins, Noxxic and Wowhead as I've come back to the game. All three of these sites have been super helpful as I catch up with the game.

--The only thing the raid leader should have to explain to an applicant is the actual guild's strategy on a certain boss fight. With that said, will you come to a progression raid having already watched videos on every boss fight you will be encountering and read any available information relevant to encounters?

Of course.

--Will you come to raids with full consumables and the best gems/enchants you can get?

Of course.

Raiding Experience in World of Warcraft (At content level)

--Vanilla:

All of Vanilla, including numerous Server First kills and a few World First kills. Most memorable experience was adventuring through Naxxramas 40man. I played a Human Warrior for <Afterlife> and was one of the main tanks.

--Burning Crusade:

I did not play WoW during this time.

--Wrath of the Lich King:

--Cataclysm

--Mists of Pandaria

I joined a daytime raiding guild as I was out of work during this time. I mained tanked with a warrior through Heroic Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring. Shortly before the Throne of Thunder launched I found new work and could no longer raid during the day.

--Warlords of Draenor

Details

--Please post a link to a recent WoL/WCL report. This is a must-have.

N/A. I don't have any logs at this time and I doubt they'd be great as I am still catching up on gear.

--What guilds have you been in (name and server) and why did you leave (or plan on leaving)?

<Afterlife>, I joined the guild during WoW beta and have stayed with the guild ever since. As of the release of Wildstar I now co-lead the guild with Thott. We are not playing any game at this time.

<The Unnamed> on Tanaris was the daytime raiding guild I was part of. My warrior is still in this guild, I simply could no longer play the game at that time.

Personality

--Why did you initially choose your character/class? What do you like most about it?

I do like the flexibility of the Monk class and having the option to fill all three trinity roles. I also mained a Monk back in Everquest and have enjoyed the martial art classes in MMOs ever since. Additionally, upon coming back to WoW it was my understanding that the Monk class has a higher skill cap then some other classes, which is appealing to me. My favorite thing about the monk class so far is the Lore of the Brewmaster, hah, drinking!

--Are you receptive to criticism?

Yes! As a player I always want to be learning and improving and one of the best way to do this is via. criticism. I am also not afraid to dish out the criticism, I expect the same learning by practice mindset from my fellow guildies.

P.S. Thanks for the app. template.

Note: I also have one, maybe two, friend(s) from <Afterlife> looking for a raiding guild with me.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hados Application
PostPosted: August 17th, 2018, 1:09 pm 

Hi Ouroboros,

I never heard back from my application and ended up joining a different guild as I continue to push towards Mythic content. I am still interested in Ouroboros and would like to still be considered. However, I've leveled my DH since the launch of BfA due to the current guild I am in having too many monks. As of now my DH is now my main and I am gearing her towards ilvl 350 for Mythic raiding.

Best,

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hados Application
PostPosted: August 19th, 2018, 11:58 pm 
Recruiter

Hello, thanks for taking the time to fill out an application. We also do appreciate you following up with us and we apologize for not replying to your application in a more timely manner.

As of now, our roster is completely full and it would be detrimental for both the raiding team and any applicant we bring on as they wouldn't get a fair evaluation in the trial process. BFA sparked a lot of interest and as such our roster is at peak capacity.

dookie#1491

Offline Profile