All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Middari Application
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2018, 8:46 am 

--What is your character's name, race, class, and primary spec?

Middari, Draenei, Hunter, most likely Marks but really enjoying the feel of BM right now.
Possibly race changing to void elf.

--Please provide your profile link from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ of the character you're applying on.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... re/Middari

--How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
Off and on since beta. I was very active in EQ until the launch of TBC, which is when I started really getting into raiding in WoW.

--What is your real life age? (Under 18, 18-25, 25-30, 30+)

30+ bracket

--What time zone do you live in?

I am in Arizona, so half the year pacific, the other half mountain. We don’t do daylight savings time here.

--Do you have any other worthwhile 110's? (Name, Class, and Server)

I’ve got a 110 DH on Whisperwind named Middori.
I also have 2 110 horde characters on Thrall named Middari(warlock) and Middx(warrior).

Playstyle
--Do you predominantly (one or the other) activate spells and abilities using your keyboard/buttons on your mouse or by clicking the spells on the screen? Do you use your mouse or your keyboard (or a combination) to move?

I use a combination of mouse and keyboard to move. I have all the rest of my abilities bound within a good range of my left hand.

--What are your keybinds?

You should be able to seem them in my UI screenshot, but I use pretty much the entire left side of my keyboard with shift, alt, and ctrl modifiers. I also have several mouse binds for twitch reaction things such as interrupts and CC breaks.

--What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?

For BM, it is the mobility and sustained cleave. Also, pet utility is great for mythic +. Weakness wise, pet management can make or break your DPS.

For Marks, the ability to burst AOE has always been strong. Also, the ability to have strong single target with minimal ramp-up time. I know a lot of people complain about the mobility due to having to stand still to cast aimed shot, but I find that a lot of this can be overcome with good positioning.

--Does your character have all of his artifacts? What do your artifacts look like for your alternate specs?

I farmed all my artifacts on 4 characters this xpac.

--Describe your experience and ability with each of your specs.

I am comfortable with both BM and Marks. I picked hunter to play ranged DPS.

That being said, I intend to learn to play survival as it looks pretty interesting, and I wouldn’t be able to stand not knowing all of the roles of my class.

--Please provide an up-to-date picture of your UI (from a non-terrible site) here. List your hotkeys if they aren't easily viewable or a mod is preventing them from being viewed.

https://i.imgur.com/2dsiNdl.jpg

--What add-ons do you use? Please name the ones that are of particular interest to your class or raiding.

My UI is built based off of Elv UI. I also use DBM. The 2 addons I cannot live without are Weak Auras and Details.

I use WA to make triggers for my rotation (or copy from better minds than mine) on every character I play. I also will use them on boss fights as an added layer to DBM.

Details is essential for optimizing my play from both a DPS standpoint on the fly, and a “why did you stand in the fire” aspect. I will typically analyze logs later on, but find that Details does a very good job capturing the data.

--Do you regularly investigate the details of your class and spec outside the game? If yes, what sites do you use and what do they offer you? If no, why do you not try to find out all the information you can about your class?

Yes, I hit most of the regular spots (icy-veins/mmo champ), and I am a member of the class Discord. I also am a big fan of reviewing other players logs to see what they might be doing and if I can adopt anything from their play.

--The only thing the raid leader should have to explain to an applicant is the actual guild's strategy on a certain boss fight. With that said, will you come to a progression raid having already watched videos on every boss fight you will be encountering and read any available information relevant to encounters?

Yes.

--Will you come to raids with full consumables and the best gems/enchants you can get?

Yes, absolutely.

Raiding Experience in World of Warcraft (At content level)

--Vanilla: MC and BWL very casually. Did some ZG and AQ20. I played warlock for this content.

--Burning Crusade: Everything except Sunwell. Mained both my hunter and warlock and would switch depending on fight at the GMs request.

--Wrath of the Lich King: Cleared all content as guild #2 tank (was a bear). Was in The Dauntless on Medivh. We got server 2nd heroic 25 man LK, and pretty sure we were US 150ish. I also led a 1 night a week PUG group that was 11/12 heroic 25 ICC, and 12/12normal ICC. We would go for 2 hours clearing normal, then another 3 for 11/12 heroic. I think we got 5 or 6 people Shadowmourne's.

--Cataclysm : I cleared the first tier of content and then quit the game due to having just graduated college and throwing myself at my job.

--Mists of Pandaria: did not play during live.

--Warlords of Draenor: cleared mythic Highmaul and BRF as a warlock. Favorite fight in BRF was definitely the trains or Hans and Franz. Guild had some recruitment issues, and I ended up starting to play a lot of DOTA 2 instead.

--Legion: cleared Emerald Nightmare on Mythic, guild was working on Mythic Helya when we ran into recruitment issues. This is when I moved my hunter to Proudmoore., but did not find a good fit to raid at the time. Came back briefly in February and did Tomb raids on heroic on my warlock with my brother.

During Legion launch and up to my move to Proudmoore I also pushed a lot of M+ content. I had a regular group that we would push keystones with. We managed to do a 12 with artifact level 18 or so (2 gold traits) and mostly mythic EN/m+ gear. We would regularly carry 7 - 10 keys from LFD for gold with a 4 man boost group. Mythic + is super enjoyable for me. I really love the challenge.

Details

--Please post a link to a recent WoL/WCL report. This is a must-have.

I don’t have any recent logs as I have only been back to playing for a few days. If this is a must, I’ll try to get some LFR logs of my own.

--What guilds have you been in (name and server) and why did you leave (or plan on leaving)?

My longest guild history in WoW was in The Dauntless on Medivh, which eventually became Halo on Medivh/Connected Exodar, then Nimbus on Whisperwind. I still talk to a lot of these guys, but the guild dissolved due to recruitment issues.

I have been a member of Afterlife since 2014 when we all played Wildstar together. I am pretty active in our community, and am good buddies with Arhcy(Hados), who just also submitted an application.

Personality

--Why did you initially choose your character/class? What do you like most about it?

I’ve always enjoyed the hunter class, and find that the “class fantasy” suits my personality. I love the mobility of BM, and really enjoy the burstiness of marks.

--Are you receptive to criticism?

I don’t need to be handled with kid gloves, and can definitely take a critique to improve myself. I expect the best from myself and the players I spend my time with.

As a side note, thanks for the template, it was helpful in organizing my thoughts.

Also, I know you don't have hunters listed as a recruitment need right now, so I wanted to say I have no problem riding the bench a bit. I am looking for a new community to play with as most of my old friends have moved on from WoW.

Offline Profile