All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Accepted - Sherlokgnomz - Frost Mage
PostPosted: May 25th, 2019, 1:02 pm 

Basics

--What is your character's name, race, class, and primary spec?

Sherlokgnomz, Void Elf, Mage, Frost

--Please provide your profile link from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ of the character you're applying on.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... erlokgnomz

--How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I last played WoW (outside of this expansion) during Vanilla and BC. The largest, and most dedicated portion of my playtime has come during this expansion pack, with 50 days played on my current main character.

--What is your real life age? (Under 18, 18-25, 25-30, 30+)

--What time zone do you live in?

Central Standard Time

--Do you have any other worthwhile 120's? (Name, Class, and Server)

None worthy of raiding.

--Playstyle--

--Do you predominantly (one or the other) activate spells and abilities using your keyboard/buttons on your mouse or by clicking the spells on the screen? Do you use your mouse or your keyboard (or a combination) to move?

A mixture of mouse and keyboard, primarily mouse.

--What are your keybinds?

I use a Razer Naga:

* 1-12: Main mage abilities. Frost Bolt, Blizzard, etc.

* Q/E: Cold Snap/Frost Nova

* C: Blink

Shift + Number are reserved for mostly utilities so some like mounting will be skipped.

* Shift 2: Spatial Rift (I make decent use of this)

* Shift 6: Cone of Cold

* Shift 7/8/9: Healing gem (if pulled from crown), Health Stone, Healing pots

* Shift 10/12: Cancel Ice Block/Ice Block

--What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?

Strengths:

* Spontaneous mobility. Not as sustained as hunter or melee, but strong regardless.

* Great cleave, AoE

* Sustained damage

* Control/Utility - Slows, polymorph, freezes, Hero, Arcane Intellect

Weakness (With what I believed would help overcome it):

* Burst damage (But that's why I learned Arcane, but also with all abilities of CD I can burst)

* Top Tier single target damage (Simple maximize as much as I can, study what I can, and continue to improve. I always believe a strong player will overcome class obstacles)

The two damage weakness's are list are in comparison to better burst classes.

--For your main spec, what is your rotation (and/or priority system)? If you're a healer, please explain what heals you use in what situations.

Start: @4.5 seconds Pot - Icey - Frost Bolt - Frozen Orb

* Frozen Orb off cooldown unless pack coming

* Blizzard on CD if even a few casts will give better timing for frozen orb (Helps CD) for upcoming pack or burst point.

* 1-3 Spikes if Brain Freeze procs cast Flurry+Ice Lance

* 4-5 Spikes if Brain Freeze procs save for Glacial Spike

* Icey Veins on CD unless better saved for another burst moment.

* Ice Lance if Fingers of Frost procs

* If spec'd Comet Storm on CD unless better saved for something else.

* Frost Bolt otherwise

--What is the level of your Heart of Azeroth neck?

--Describe your experience and ability with each of your specs.

Frost - Matured, knowledgeable, second nature to me.

Arcane - Out of practice since Uldir, can return to same as Frost

Fire - Have only toyed with, but willing to dedicate if need be.

--Please provide an up-to-date picture of your UI (from a non-terrible site) here. List your hotkeys if they aren't easily viewable or a mod is preventing them from being viewed.

https://i.imgur.com/Sw3sByL.jpg

--What add-ons do you use? Please name the ones that are of particular interest to your class or raiding.

* Weak Auras, DBM, MaxDPS, Mage Nuggest, Exorsus Raid Tools, ElvUI, Decursive and a plethora of utility mods

--Do you regularly investigate the details of your class and spec outside the game? If yes, what sites do you use and what do they offer you? If no, why do you not try to find out all the information you can about your class?

Yes, warcraft logs, worldofwarcraft.com, and raider.io. I use these tools to correct any mistakes I may think I'm making, or improve on DPS areas.

--The only thing the raid leader should have to explain to an applicant is the actual guild's strategy on a certain boss fight. With that said, will you come to a progression raid having already watched videos on every boss fight you will be encountering and read any available information relevant to encounters?

Yes, absolutely yes.

--Will you come to raids with full consumables and the best gems/enchants you can get?

Yes, I regularly buy my own consumables and come to raid with 160 pots splits between Int and Rising Death.

Raiding Experience in World of Warcraft (At content level)

--Vanilla: None

--Burning Crusade: None

--Wrath of the Lich King: None

--Cataclysm: None

--Mists of Pandaria: None

--Warlords of Draenor: None

--Legion: None

--Battle for Azeroth: 6/8M Uldir, 5/9M BfA

* During my first couple months of Uldir I simply ran Heroic raids, as I hadn't raided outside of Destiny. Within a few weeks, my GM asked me to become Co-GM for leadership and maturity (believe it or not). After we couldn't down Mother for a few weeks, I recruited some fresh faces and replaced the GM as the main tank for a few runs which he agree to. Later that night, without a word, he took everything from the Guild bank and made me GM.

I was a Raid Lead and GM within 2 months of playing WoW for a Mythic Raid Guild.. If the tone comes across as bragging, I don't mean it in that was at all. I list this to show the obstacles I overcame and how fast the raiding scene moved for me. It was very rough in the beginning, but it's definitely shaped me in the player I am now.

Details

--Please post a link to a recent Warcraftlogs report. This is a must-have.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... mz#zone=21

--What guilds have you been in (name and server) and why did you leave (or plan on leaving)?

Voltage - GM/RL. Work schedule didn't fit the rest of the crew really, the original 5 I joined with had all quit the game. So I walked away and made a fresh start elsewhere.

Innocence - Racists. I honestly took screenshots of the entire guild chat and can show you similarly. They would rant about how inferior blacks were, it was unbelievable. Left after colllecting evidence for two weeks. It was honestly that bad.

Inertia - At the time I was trying to get two others and myself into the same guild. They were great friends of mine, and when one didn't quite make the cut we all politely walked away to look elsewhere so we could all raid together.

Potential - They have stopped raiding this tier as a few key members have dropped from the team due to boredom. They've become good friends of mine, but I'm looking to push myself and bit and continue this tier.

Personality

--Why did you initially choose your character/class? What do you like most about it?

In almost everything I play I'm usually a melee, that and the original crew I ran with had a tank, melee DPS, and a healer. So I decided to run a ranged character!

--Are you receptive to criticism?

Yes, and I am my greatest critic.

If anything requires further clarification let me know! I am an open book.

Offline Profile