All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Forcedrename - WW Monk
PostPosted: September 18th, 2019, 2:13 am 

Basics

What is your character's name, race, class, and primary spec?

Forcedrename - Panda - Monk - Windwalker

Links

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/kelthuzad/forcedrename
https://raider.io/characters/us/kelthuzad/Forcedrename
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... rcedrename

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I have been playing on and off since classic, ~2005.

What is your real life age? What time zone do you live in?

I am 29 and primarily live in MST but also PST depending on the time of year.

Do you have any other worthwhile 120's? (Name, Class, and Server)

I do have 6 other 120s but nothing worth your time. They are either 385 benthic geared or completely fresh with no essences, etc.

Playstyle

Do you use your keys on your keyboard or are you a clicker?

I use buttons on my keyboard 95% of the time to activate spells, mobility, etc. The 5% of the time is mainly for M+ when I click invis pot/drums, Crackling Jade, Taunt and Health Pot. To move I use a combination of keyboard and mouse buttons.

What are your keybinds?

1 - Tiger Palm
2 - RSK
3 - FoF
4 - FoWT
5 - Major Azerite Ability
6 - Computation Device
Shift T - Touch of Death
Shift G - S,E,F
Shift F - SCK
R - BoK
T - Interrupt (account wide)
Y - Touch of Karma
G - Invoke Xuen
Shift C - Paralysis
Z - AOE Stun
Shift V - Roll
X - FSK
V - Whirling Dragon Punch
Shift Y - Dampen Harm
Shift Z - Agi Pot
Caps - Ring of Peace
Shift R - Auto Run :P
Shift B - Health Stone

What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?

Strengths - Steady opener, solid AOE DPS/cleave Depending on Azerite Traits and using SEF. Mobility
Weakness - Poor sustained damage/after opener dps falls down until Touch of Death/Xuen/Trinket is back up

For your main spec, what is your rotation (and/or priority system)? If you're a healer, please explain what heals you use in what situations.

WW - Open with Touch of Death, SEF, Xuen, Computation Device, FoWT, FoF, TP, RSK, WDP. Priority after that goes FoF (on CD) --> RSK (on CD) --> WDP (on CD). Dump Chi with BOK. AoE = FoF, SCK, WDP. I usually use my Karma on a DPS CD if permitted, if not I use defensively. I use TD/Xuen/Computation are back up from CD

What is the level of your Heart of Azeroth neck?

Currently level 40% into 66 on to 67

Describe your experience and ability with each of your specs.

Tanking I have experience filling in raids and doing some M+ in the past. As for healing I have honestly not done much of it in any facet of the game at any point. I have preferred to heal on a shaman.

Please provide an up-to-date picture of your UI (from a non-terrible site) here. List your hotkeys if they aren't easily viewable or a mod is preventing them from being viewed.

See attachment below

What add-ons do you use? Please name the ones that are of particular interest to your class or raiding.

Weak Aura - for certain raid encounters and class specific addons
Skada - Damage Meter
Z Pearl - Never been a fan of Grid or healbot
Omnibar/CC - for CD timers on the spells in the bar
DBM - Boss Mods
Pawn

Do you regularly investigate the details of your class and spec outside the game? If yes, what sites do you use and what do they offer you?

I mainly Theorycraft by comparing Raider.io's and warcraft logs with the top players that are in my class. After this, I run my own sims using simulationcraft, pawn, and bloodmaul. A lot of my theorycraft comes with trial and error with simulationcraft. If the rotation feels clunky, I try to run dungeons or pug heroics/Norm/RF to smooth out my rotation.

The only thing the raid leader should have to explain to an applicant is the actual guild's strategy on a certain boss fight. With that said, will you come to a progression raid having already watched videos on every boss fight you will be encountering and read any available information relevant to encounters?

Yes I 99.99% watch videos from fatboss or other youtube videos on encounters while always watching them if I still have questions. However I ultimately would not feel completely comfortable with the fight till I experience it myself.

Will you come to raids with full consumables and the best gems/enchants you can get?

I always come to raid with Greater Agi Pots, Vantus rune for the week, health pots, and vers food.

Raiding Experience in World of Warcraft

Majority of the raid experience post BC was done with RL friends who were in and out of raiding periodically while we were on different schedules during our college years. This lasted till Antorus.

Vanilla:

Prot Warrior - ZG/AQ20/MC Full Clears

Burning Crusade:

Resto Shaman - Kara, ML, GL, ZA, SSC, TK, MH, BT Full Clears
Resto Shaman - SWP (to Sathrovarr)
Prot Warrior - Kara, ML, GL, ZA, SSC, TK Full Clears

Wrath of the Lich King:

Resto Shaman - Naxx 25, OS 3D, Eye, Uld 10 (Did not complete 25 Yogg - Quit 25 man raiding), H TOC 25 (came back), Ony, H ICC 25 (not H-LK)
Various other DPS Classes - Naxx 25, OS 3D, Eye, Uld 10, ICC 25

Cataclysm

Resto Shaman - H BWD, H BoT, <Quit TFW>, H FL, H DS (Till Ultraxion - Quit at the end of expansion)

Mists of Pandaria

Resto Shaman - H MSV, H ToES, HoF (To WL then stopped for playing), ToT (to JK), SoO (to Thok - one of the guild leaders passed away so everyone essentially stopped playing)

Warlords of Draenor

I played only casually during this time - I was busy focusing on graduating and creating my own club lacrosse team and the business side of it.

Legion

WW Monk - EM (did not attempt Mythic), (came back to wow during Antorus) M Antorus (up till Aggrammar - Guild essentially disban after failing to kill it)

Details

Please post a link to a recent Warcraftlogs report. This is a must-have.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/kelthuzad/forcedrename

What guilds have you been in (name and server) and why did you leave (or plan on leaving)?

Wrath of the LK - <Impervious>, <BiPolar>, <Stoic> (All on Bonechewer)
Cata - <Driven> Bonechewer
MoP - <Driven> Bonechewer
WoD - Rerolled to Kel'Thuzad Server playing as a casual in random guilds
Legion - <Nobility> KT
BfA - <Nobility> KT
Reason why I am looking to leave - This is because the guild is a semi serious guild whos raid group is always in flux. I do really enjoy being in here, unfortunately I do not like the inconsistency. In terms of finding another guild on my server, I havent looked but sometimes a change in scenery is nice. The current guild has me staying up to 1am, though if I pass the trail process of Ouroboro I would be getting off around midnight, the hour difference is everything for getting up in the morning.

Personality

Why did you initially choose your character/class? What do you like most about it?

Ha, well I chose my race because I am half asian/white IRL, because I am not a fat asian but am bigger than most my IRL nickname was often Panda. I stuck with Pandas because they are awesome.
I chose monk because I wanted to roll a different class when they came out initially. The Panda Monk personally is somewhat iconic among my friends and it has kinda stuck since. I will admit if there is a new class next expansion I maybe inclined to flirt with the idea of switching.
I like the mobility most about the Monks. I loved the way we destroyed Antorus. I am not attached to WW specifically but I will say I am attached to being a melee more so than ranged dps. In my overall preference it would go MDPS > Healer > Tank > Hunter > Caster DPS.

Are you receptive to criticism?

I am receptive to criticism as long as it is constructive rather than destructive. I will say that my background in sports has built me this way but as I have aged, the person criticizing me would hopefully be the same (willing to accept criticism) if presented the same way towards me.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions - Thank you!

Attachments:
SC.png
SC.png [ 2.22 MiB | Viewed 1379 times ]
 Offline Profile