All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Cunegonde - Shadow Priest
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2019, 11:25 pm 

Basics

--What is your character's name, race, class, and primary spec?

Cunegonde, Void Elf, Priest, Shadow.

--Please provide your profile link from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ of the character you're applying on.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... g%C3%B3nde

--How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I started playing in Burning Crusade, took Cataclysm and MoP off, and have been playing since then.

--What is your real life age? (Under 18, 18-25, 25-30, 30+)

I'm 37. God help me.

--What time zone do you live in?

Central Standard Time.

--Do you have any other worthwhile 120's? (Name, Class, and Server)

I have a mage, warlock, and warrior, all around ilvl 320. (CĂșne-Stormrage, Closetspec-Stormrage, Fatcune-Proudmoore)

Playstyle

--Do you predominantly (one or the other) activate spells and abilities using your keyboard/buttons on your mouse or by clicking the spells on the screen? Do you use your mouse or your keyboard (or a combination) to move?

I use a Razer Naga for my regular rotation and keyboard for CDs. Mostly those are mapped to numbers 1-10.

--What are your keybinds?

Pomegranite

n(aga)1 - Void Eruption/Void bolt
n2 - Mind blast
n3 - Shadowfiend
n4 - Vampiric touch
n5 - Mind Flay
n6 - Azerite essence
n7 - Shadow Word: Pain
n8 - Dark Void/Shadow crash
n9 - Mind Sear
n0 - Dispersion
n11- Mass Dispel
n12 - Healthstone
1 - Silence
2 - Dispel Magic
3 - Power Word: Shield (Personal)
4 - Psychic Horror
5 - Vampiric Embrace
6 - Shackle Undead
7 - Mind Control
8 - Purify Disease
9 - Power Word: Shield (Prepull usage)
0 - Leap of Faith
- - Fade
= - Mount
` - Prepot
F - Health Pot
V - Psychic Horror
G - Levitate

These are off the top of my head so I might be missing some. Sorry about that!

--What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?

Obviously, Shadow Priests are the kings of spread cleave, making us extremely powerful on fights with multiple targets that will live for the duration of the fight, or even just for long periods of time - this makes us highly desirable for Council-style fights, which every raid usually has at least one of and can present unique challenges. In the current raid it makes us sought after for guilds progressing on Queen's Court. However, it also makes us desirable on Orgazoa, with many adds that live for a long duration and which quickly respawn after death. We also have good self healing for a ranged DPS - both sustained due to VT and on CD due to Vampiric Embrace - this plus our ability to quickly DoT adds make us extremely powerful downstairs on the Zaq'uul fight, which is perfectly tailored for us to do some real damage. Finally I would say that although we may not initially appear to be a mobile class, because Void Bolt appears so regularly in our rotation and is instant cast, we are one of the more mobile caster classes in the game.

As far as weaknesses go, with the current azerite setup, we are extremely gear dependent. We specifically need a perfect set of azerite traits (3 CoI, 2 SA, 1 WotD) to do what we would consider optimal damage, and only two of those pieces drop in the raid. We also are not good at all in fights that do not allow us to ramp up our stacks of Voidform to their maximum potential - a good example of this would be Ashvane, where the initial phase lasts about 50 seconds. Our class is not constructed like any other class - we have no CDs to enable us to do our maximum damage, rather, we need perfect play for 30, or even 40 seconds before we see any benefit to our bottom line. I'd say the greatest weakness for shadow priest is this: its playstyle, while very rewarding, is extremely unforgiving. A single error at an inopportune time could cost tens of thousands in DPS, easily. Optimization is extremely difficult but a must for this spec. A few mistakes can truly mean the difference between an orange parse and a grey parse, every single time.

--For your main spec, what is your rotation (and/or priority system)? If you're a healer, please explain what heals you use in what situations.

Outside of voidform, maintain VT and SWP on all targets, cast Mind Blast on CD, fill with Mind flay on 3 or fewer targets, Mind Sear with 4 or more. Cast Voidform when available. Inside voidform, do the same thing but press Void bolt every third GCD (2nd GCD above 135% haste) Cast Mindbender at > 15 VF stacks outside of lust ( > 25 stacks inside of lust). Cast Lucid Dreams if using that essence at > 25 stacks outside of lust ( > 35 stacks inside lust). Any other essence, use on CD.

--What is the level of your Heart of Azeroth neck?

--Describe your experience and ability with each of your specs.

I know a lot about shadow as I hope I have proven. I know a lot, theoretically about healing as well but I have very little practical experience healing. From the beginning I have been a shadow priest and though I am willing to learn healing, I would have to start from scratch in terms of experience.

--Please provide an up-to-date picture of your UI (from a non-terrible site) here. List your hotkeys if they aren't easily viewable or a mod is preventing them from being viewed.

https://theweave26.tumblr.com/post/187916582929

--What add-ons do you use? Please name the ones that are of particular interest to your class or raiding.

DBM
Twintop's Insanity Bar
Pawn
Details
GTFO
Weakauras 2

--Do you regularly investigate the details of your class and spec outside the game? If yes, what sites do you use and what do they offer you? If no, why do you not try to find out all the information you can about your class?

All the time.

I frequent warcraftpriests.com and Warcraft Priests discord for class knowledge and theorycrafting, raidbots.com and bloodmallet.com for simming/azerite information, and the big one: warcraftlogs.com - not only to log myself and look at the parses but also I make liberal use of the compare function and compare my logs to the top performers to try and optimize and improve. I also use wowprogress.com to view various twitch streams of the top performing raiders to improve.

--The only thing the raid leader should have to explain to an applicant is the actual guild's strategy on a certain boss fight. With that said, will you come to a progression raid having already watched videos on every boss fight you will be encountering and read any available information relevant to encounters?

Yes, I view this as essential homework that every raider should have done long before the encounter actually begins.

--Will you come to raids with full consumables and the best gems/enchants you can get?

Yes.

Raiding Experience in World of Warcraft (At content level)

--Vanilla: Did not play

--Burning Crusade: none

--Wrath of the Lich King: casually

--Cataclysm: Did not play

--Mists of Pandaria: Did not play

--Warlords of Draenor:
AOTC Highmaul
AOTC BRF
CE HFC (on 2 characters separately progressed)

--Legion
CE EN
2/3M ToV
CE NH
CE ToS
CE Argus

--BfA
4/8 M Uldir
CE BoD
1/2 M CoS
4/8 M EP

Details

--Please post a link to a recent Warcraftlogs report. This is a must-have.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... g%c3%b3nde

--What guilds have you been in (name and server) and why did you leave (or plan on leaving)?

I currently raid with Fluffy Wizard Hats Club on Proudmoore. I plan on leaving because I don't believe they can maintain a mythic roster moving into the future and I would like to find a guild that feels more like a home to me.

Personality

--Why did you initially choose your character/class? What do you like most about it?

To be honest, I first started playing shadow priest because the friend who talked me into picking up WoW in the first place told me that his guild needed one back in BC. However, I have grown to love the class even though it is kind of a roller coaster ride in terms of the love it gets from Blizz. I love the playstyle, I love the lore behind the class, but more than anything I just have come to love my character more than anything. I've played this character for many many years and although I have tried to main other toons over the course of time, when they were the flavor of the month, this is the character that I have always come back to. At some point, I just gotta accept it: for better or worse, I'm a Shadow Priest, lol.

--Are you receptive to criticism?

I consider myself to be a team player who always demands the highest quality of performance of himself. I don't think I reach that pinnacle very often, so I am always looking for ways to improve. Playing a shadow priest, that's a high bar for excellence because it's so unforgiving, but I'm always trying to put in the effort. I've been involved in guilds on many levels in the past: I've been a member, a raider, and officer, and a GM in the past, and I understand the duties that come with each role. I accept criticism well in accordance with my role, and I also respect the chain of command structure that is implemented in each guild structure. I will do whatever it takes to best serve my team.

Thank you for your consideration! I am reachable in game at btag Cunegonde#1673 or on Discord at Cune#4472. I hope to hear from you soon!

Offline Profile